Jaguar Woman: And the Wisdom of the Butterfly Tree

by Lynn V. Andrews

Lynn V. Andrews takes the reader with her as she goes on inward journeys with the help of the Sisterhood of the Shields, and relates the stories of others. Join her as she is initiated into the Sisterhood and creates her own shield, which will show her the nature of her spiritual path (Spirit Woman). Follow her to the Yucatan, where the medicine wheel leads her, and she is faced with the terrifying reality of the butterfly tree (Jaguar Woman). Enter the Dreamtime with her, where she emerges in medieval England as Catherine, and encounters the Grandmother, who offers to show Andrews how to make her life one of goodness, power, adventure, and love (The Woman of Wyrrd). Not all these stories describe the author's own spiritual experiences. Meet Sin Corazón, an initiate into the Sisterhood, whose husband abandons her. She nearly succumbs to her inner dark power and unleashes her rage on men and the Sisterhood (Dark Sister). Andrews also writes about the elder women of the Sisterhood: their loves, their lives, their losses (Tree of Dreams). Andrews shows us how to channel our own spiritual and intellectual energy and balance the need for love with the desire for power (Love and Power). She takes the reader on numerous spiritual journeys that inevitably uplift.… (more)

I read it as fiction, totally unaware of the controversy about this author. ( )
  Chica3000 | Dec 11, 2020 |
Great book of fiction with an underlying message of strength and courage for women. Enjoyable. ( )
  David.A.Rainey | Dec 24, 2015 |
  DavidRainey | Jun 15, 2013 |
A beautifully written book that captivated my attention. It was difficult to put down! I read this book in about two days. I love books that contain valuable lessons inherent within them and this book certainly contained many. While I won't say I agree 100% with the messages that were sent through the hierarchical paradigm, I will say they were well-presented and incredibly meaningful to the story.

This was my first introduction to Ms. Andrews and makes me want to read the rest of the books in her series. ( )
  SueNehme | Feb 12, 2011 |
Unless you're gullible and/or into the false historicity of the goddess-worship model, don't waste your time on this book. I felt cheated and I had gotten it for free. The author is controversial and has been accused of fabrication on multiple occasions. ( )
  heinous-eli | Feb 26, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,096,635 books! | Top bar: Always visible