Fast-Trapped (Fast-Track Trilogy, #2) by…

Fast-Trapped (Fast-Track Trilogy, #2) (edition 2012)

by Tracy Rozzlynn

Series: Fast-Track Trilogy (Book 2)

931,676,922 (4)None
Byron is safe. Zandria has committed herself to life as a fast-tracker,but she's determined to make the most of it.As a first-generation fast-tracker, Zandria is a designated newbie. Most fast-trackers considered her a temporary interloper, but her recent business acquisitions, and especially her engagement, changed everything. With her recently secured internship, Zandria plans to immerse herself in politics. As high-ranking politician Zandria could improve worker-level conditions and combat fast-tracker corruption. Everything Zandria has learned about fast-trackers isn't enough to prepare her for their politics or marriage. Zandria is in over her head but she fears there's nothing she can do about it. She trapped.… (more)
Member:katie66219
Title:Fast-Trapped (Fast-Track Trilogy, #2)
Authors:Tracy Rozzlynn
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition
Tags:to-read

Work Information

Fast-Trapped: Fast-Track Series Book 2 (Volume 2) by Tracy Rozzlynn

It isn't often that a sequel meets up to the original. This one does though. It is another fantastic read. I devoured it in two nights. Both in this series have been the wonderful kind of books that suck you in so completely that you just can't stand to put them down. Rozzlynn stays true to not dumbing down the book and covers a lot of fairly adult ideas. The characters are still perfectly flawed and Zandria is easy to love. I am very eagerly awaiting the last book! ( )
  Psylk87 | Mar 29, 2013 |
This is a sequel to Fast-Tracked, a dystopian novel which has rigidly defined class groups. After agreeing to marry Avery, a wealthy and influential teenager, Zandria learns more and more disturbing things about his character and past. After securing herself a political internship, she seeks to learn as much as possible as quickly as she can. Walking a fine line, she must find a way to protect herself without becoming what she hates.

I thought this was a well written and engaging book. The character development was phenomenal and information was revealed with great timing. I enjoy reading about this universe and look forward to the next book in the series. Overall, highly recommended. ( )
  JanaRose1 | Mar 25, 2013 |

Fast-Trapped by Tracy Rozzlynn is the next installment in the Fast-Tracked trilogy. I really enjoyed the first book after a slow start. The last half really ramped up, and I was hooked. This book starts where the last left off-- Zandria is in an engagement with a man she doesn't love, her true love has been ostracized and punished, her best friend is disappointed in her, her fake best friend is still fake, and the plot just thickens from there. Certain characters change sides and others get swindled in a satisfying way. The second installment still reminds me of a Gossip Girl/Revenge sort of scenario and is even more entertaining.

This book is a bit darker, and I have to say, this book is the most polished of Rozzlynn's books so far. I think most of the twists are a lot of fun and nicely done. I really enjoyed all of the politics and world building. This book takes us where we should be, and I know book three will be even better.

My issues with this book are slight-- more of a preference than anything else. Zandria is a strong protagonist and this really comes through in the end of book one. In the second book, she takes a backseat and lets everyone else do the plotting, which made me a bit sad, since Rozzlynn has such great strong female characters. That said, I have no doubt that Zandria will be back in full force in book three and put everyone to shame. Also, I was a bit disappointed by how Avery seemed rather two dimensional in this book-- I feel he could have been more compelling if we understood him better.

That said, a strong follow up to the first book, and I can't wait to see what happens to Zandria and her friends. ( )
  chickey1981 | Nov 8, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

Tracy Rozzlynn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,373,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible