Kindle Fire HD For Dummies by Nancy C. Muir

Kindle Fire HD For Dummies

by Nancy C. Muir

1321,027,599 (2)None

Nice typesetting, but you would have to be more than a dummy to learn anything new from this book. It must have taken about as long to write as it takes to read it! ( )
  datrappert | Jun 2, 2013 |
I bought Kindle Fire HD for Dummies for two reasons - first, to have a printed set of instructions with illustrations that would help me to get on board quickly, and secondly to have a handy reference which I could turn to when encountering difficulties or trying something new. I would rate this book good for the former, ie, intro, and fair at best as an ongoing reference manual. There are many illustrations, perhaps too many. Some are very helpful but others just aren't necessary and seemed to me to do nothing but add to the page count. Too often I wished the author had added more detail. The material covered was adequate but I found myself asking, yes but what if....I have discovered a lot on my own, as I believe all users should do, but I feel there is a lot that I am still missing. I had hoped this book would cover all my needs but at this stage I think I will explore a few of the $2-3 "users' guides" to uncover other capabilities. ( )
  maneekuhi | Feb 11, 2013 |

Introduces the reader to the new storage options, Amazon content, and the power of Kindle Fire HD. Topics covered include the advantages of an Amazon Prime account; what you can store in the cloud for free; a tour of the Amazon Appstore; how Whispersync keeps content from all your devices connected; why streaming video beats downloading; information you'll get from the X-ray feature; how to make Skype calls; eleven game apps.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,765,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible