A Bride by Moonlight

by Liz Carlyle

When she agrees to pose as the future bride of Royden Napier, Scotland Yard's most relentless police commissioner, Lisette Colburne finds herself in danger of losing her heart to the one man who has the power to destroy her.

It looks like I reviewed book five of this series [Fraternitas Aureae Crucis series] ‘In Love With a Wicked Man’ before I did book four, which is this one. Don’t ask me how that happened!

In regards to the reading of this series, it really helps to read this whole series in its order, which you can get here.

The series is worth the read as a whole because all the characters and plots are really well-developed and the pace in each is fast, so you’re never bored.

Another reason to read them all is the huge ...thanks for jumping to b2b to finish reading my review...

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
This book had a list at the front of all the characters that one needed to know. At first, I thought this was nice - a way to bring you up to speed on characters from the first three books in the series. But no, almost all of these are new characters that you need to know right away to understand the plot of the book. A super confusing plot. Not a great way to end the series. ( )
  reesa00 | Jul 7, 2013 |
I had almost given up on Carlyle in recent books. I don't mind some minor woo-woo but really hadn't cared for the whole paranormal secret society stuff in recent books.

One of the things I have always liked about Carlyle is that although the stories have been in the same world, that they really are separate. This one was almost completely woo-woo free even though it is a direct sequel to another book and about consequences to that book.

If you'd gone off Carlyle, I'd give this one a look
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
A Bride by Moonlight by Liz Carlyle is the fourth in the Fraternitas Aureae Crucis series. This book is scheduled for release in February 2013. Lisette has had a troubled life. She has had many responsibilities placed on her . She has also tossed away her own happiness in search of justice for her father's death. Royden Napier is a policeman with Scotland yard. He is also a reluctant heir to a vast estate . When two members of his family die closely together, apparently of natural causes, Napier will have to step into his role on the estate. But, an anonymous letter hints that the deaths may not have been natural. In order to investigate unimpeded, Royden brings Lissette along to distract his matchmaking Aunt. Napier and Lisette have a little bit of a history with each other. Napier knows Lissette could be a very dangerous lady, and she also might need his protection. So, with nothing to lose , Lisette agrees to pretend to be Napier' s fiancee. But , she will also prove quite valuable in the investigation, when she's not too busy driving Napier crazy with desire, that is.I enjoyed this story very much. Lisette and Napier both harbor secrets and regrets that threatens to keep them from long term happiness.Both characters struggle mightily with their principles and conscience and try to make the right choices for their future and each other. Meanwhile, Napier is puzzled by his cousins and other family members and staff. He begins to think that maybe he's been sent on a wild goose chase when no evidence appears to suggest any foul play. But, with Lissette helping gather information, a terrible tragedy with far reaching consequences comes to light. Part mystery , part romance. This story deals with obsession, forgiveness, unconditional love, and finding peace. Love conquerors all in the end. My complaint with this one is that the language was far stronger than I'm used to with historical romances. Also, a theme in 2013 releases seems to be more experimental sexual situations that seem more fitting in current day settings . I'm afraid we are losing all authenticity in historical romances . There's nothing wrong with thinking outside the box and trying to freshen up historical romances, but I hope it doesn't get out of hand. Otherwise, the plot was original. I loved the mystery and family drama and scandals, and of course the HEA overall a B.Thanks Edelweiss for the advance copy. ( )
  gpangel | Feb 19, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,541,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible