Blue Lily, Lily Blue

by Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Raven Cycle (3)

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs. The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.… (more)

3.5 stars
I liked it but not as much as the previous one. ( )
  _Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |
*This is a continuation of the reviews I've done for the last two books of the Raven Cycle Series*

I'd give this 3.8 stars if I could.

It is an improvement upon the two previous books. It is still slow paced. The interpersonal drama as built, though, in this installment-- amongst many of the characters. We are experiencing crushes, love, frustration, heartbreak, and much more. Again, the way she describes every event and experiences is good, but somehow underwhelming. Perhaps I've grown to used to the "fast paced action" of today's media.

To clarify, I do enjoy the series... it's just /less/ than I hoped it would be, somehow.

Hopefully the last book will bring everything together in a satisfying way. ( )
  chelsea.carmanmoore | Jul 26, 2021 |
I really loved this one. It seemed to be more equal among the characters than the second book was.

I really like the writing of these books, especially the dialog. I've laughed out loud many times at the interactions, mostly between Blue and anyone else. ( )
  ssperson | Apr 3, 2021 |
3.75* ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |
Even with all the action that happened in this third volume of the Raven cycle, by the end I was left feeling a little bit adrift in the storyline. That doesn't deter my interest in getting to the final book in the series though, where we will hopefully encounter the buried king Glendower that Gansey is searching for. What was most interesting in this book was that we got to delve further into the magic system (Welsh mythology, psychics, and Cabeswater) that Stiefvater has employed. Adam in particular has come into his own and seems to finally be able to understand and benefit from the deal that he made with Cabeswater, though it seems that his knowledge gained from training with Persephone has its consequences. Blue as well has gained more knowledge about her ability to reflect psychic power, using it to stop the negative influence of the sleeper who must not be woken and to get to her (lost) mother and newly rediscovered father when the conflict comes to a head. We're left with another cliffhanger, though, as the third sleeper has also come to be discovered by Neeve and Greenmantle's wife - neither of whom seem to have good intentions or enough knowlege to weird power properly due to their impulsive natures. Only one more book to go, though, so we should be in for an interesting story as Blue and her raven boys continue to search for the Welsh king Glendower. ( )
  JaimieRiella | Feb 25, 2021 |
I’m looking for the face I had
Before the world was made.
— WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS, “BEFORE THE WORLD WAS MADE”
Let us be grateful to the mirror for revealing to us our appearance only.
— SAMUEL BUTLER, EREWHON
to Laura, one of the white knights
Persephone stood on the bare mountaintop, her ruffled ivory dress whipping around her legs, her masses of white-blond curls streaming behind her.

"Didn't you say that
The third sleeper was not to
Be woken?" "Oh oh ... "
(passion4reading)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,255,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible