The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White

The Chaos of Stars

by Kiersten White

This was quite a light easy and fun book to read.

It is inter woven with Egyptian mythologies and YA tropes in a fun way which I completely enjoyed. There was also a bit of Greek mythology chucked in for good measure.

I would definitely liken this book to the Percy Jackson series, but with less battle scenes and more 'teen drama'.

I was looking for a nice light read and I found it! ( )
  LiteraryDream | Sep 30, 2018 |
I really really enjoyed this book especially once it picked up and got going. The first fifty pages or so were a little slower but once the main character Isadora left Egypt and made her way to San Diego, things really picked up and I loved it.

I've always been a fan of mythologies and it was really great to see the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses for a change.

I really enjoyed this overall. Isadora was really funny, and I loved reading this from her perspective! ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |
3.5 ( )
  lilrongal | Nov 20, 2017 |
What a delight. Full review eventually. ( )
  eaduncan | Sep 14, 2017 |
This book doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up..

When I first saw this book, I thought, "Egyptian mythology? Gorgeous cover? I'm in!" But in the end, this book just couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be. She's the daughter of 2 Egyptian gods. She has lived her whole life in Egypt surrounded by other gods. She has wanted for nothing, and doesn't appreciate anything (typical teenage angst). There is a lot of family drama that could have been explored. There is a bit of a mystery to unravel. There is danger. There is a girl coming of age. And there is teen romance. If the author had concentrated on one or two, this book might have been three stars, but sadly, it has no idea what to develop so I'm giving it 2. ( )
  GovMarley | Aug 6, 2017 |
Book previously known as "Isadora" (working title), or "Flood and Stone" (deal title)

Sixteen-year-old Isadora, the mortal daughter of Isis and Osiris, is sick of being in the middle of family drama so she jumps at the chance to leave Egypt and start a new life in San Diego with her brother.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,175,558 books! | Top bar: Always visible