Warren Buffett - an Investography by…

Warren Buffett - an Investography (edition 2012)

by Chellamuthu Kuppusamy

Rating:*

Work Information

Warren Buffett - an Investography by Chellamuthu Kuppusamy

Recently added byravidreams, Samprasad, chellamuthu

Having been in the share market for quite some time, I found this book refreshing. It is written in simple language which helps us in reading through smoothly. Also the biography, titled as investography, clearly chronicles the journey of Warren Buffett. At no point in time it gives a feeling that the unknown world of stock markets and investments are only for experts.

The writing has the touch of a common man. ‘Warren Buffett an Investography’ goes through the life of Warren Buffett through common man’s perspective. It takes us to the belief that the game of investment is simple if we stick to basics and hold our nerves.

People who accumulate money try not to help others. Warren Buffett’s story is different. He is looked up by many investors and common public as a guide and light house in thick woods..

I recommend a read for ‘Warren Buffett – an Investography’
  Samprasad | Dec 6, 2012 |

Interesting account of world’s most successful investor. The book gives a detailed information on how a boy from Omaha became most revered man amongst investors around the globe.

Warren Buffett had been the wealthiest man in the world. He has been number two and number three. He accumulated every penny of his fortune from the word go. Not only that. He multiplied in many times and helped whole lot of his shareholders becoming millionaires in that process. He is a standing example that success in stock market is nothing but manifestation of commonsense and high school mathematics.

Contrary to the popular belief that you should be in Wall Street to operate in financial world, he stayed back in Omaha and inspired average men and women like us that any one of us can beat the market filled with self-styled experts. He mockingly said, “Omaha is as good a spot as any. Here you can see the forest. In New York, it's hard to see beyond the trees”

He focused his time, energy and capital into meaningful investment opportunities. In his own words: “I'd rather have a $10 million business making 15 percent than a $100 million business making 5 percent”

He developed a clear conviction which directed his investment decisions. He kept on remembering the words ‘You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you’ of his mentor Benjamin Graham, and acted upon his ‘Buy when others sell and sell when others buy’ mantra. He said, “You are dealing with a lot of silly people in the marketplace; its like a great big casino, and everyone else is boozing. If you can stick with Pepsi, you should be okay.” Buffett strongly recommends to turn a blind eye to all stock recommendation from brokers. If asked why, he would say: “Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.”

When the markets peaked he had the mental strength to hold his nerves by saying, “I feel like an oversexed guy on a desert Island. I (didn’t) find anything to buy”. When everyone shied away from equity investment he jumped in declaring, “I feel like an oversexed guy in a harem. This is the time to start investing”

Though he kept on saying that a fat wallet is the enemy of superior investment results and his past achievements could not be replicated in the future, he kept on beating his own estimates and continues to add wealth to Berkshire shareholders.

Perhaps no other practicing capitalist has done so much towards investor education and improvement of corporate accountability as Warren Buffett. On top of that, he has pledged to give away his hard earned money back to the society through philanthropy, instead of passing on the estate to his heirs.

Buffett said, “The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But, unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.”

This book chronicles his transformation from a little known boy to world famous investor, both in terms of wealth and wisdom. Should benefit common public and investors alike in helping themselves.

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,405,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible