Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong

by Prudence Shen

Other authors: Faith Erin Hicks (Illustrator)

"Charlie is the laid-back captain of the basketball team. Nate is the neurotic, scheming president of the robotics club. Their unlikely friendship nearly bites the dust when Nate declares war on the cheerleaders and they retaliate by making Charlie their figurehead in the ugliest class election campaign the school has ever seen. At stake is funding that will either cover a robotics competition or new cheerleading uniforms-- but not both. Bad sportsmanship? Sure. Chainsaws? Why not. Running away from home on Thanksgiving? Nothing can possibly go wrong" -- back cover.… (more)

I love the art of Faith Erin Hicks which I recognize immediately in this book. I love it so much especially when it comes to the dramatics of the characters. Shen's writing is hilarious! Nate, Charlie's ex-girlfriend, basically everyone is overdramatic and/or crazy. Charlie seems to be the only sane one who's dealing with some issues at home. I can't believe this is Shen's first book. I can't wait to see what else she writes. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
Hilarious! Reminded me a little of [b:Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life|29800|Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life (Scott Pilgrim, #1)|Bryan Lee O'Malley|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1348109012s/29800.jpg|30220], which is never a bad thing in my opinion. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |
A solid coming of age/breakfast club kinda story. ( )
  kallai7 | Mar 23, 2017 |
This is a story about high school, Nerds vs. Cheerleaders. It is also about finding a way to keep your family.
  edwardcandler | Mar 6, 2017 |
This could have been just a print novel but it works so well as a graphic novel. It gave me the wild idea of what if all YA novels were in graphic format? Fun! I liked the solution that the nerds and cheerleaders came up with (ok, mainly the nerds), and how Charlie and Nate served as the bridge between the groups. The interactions were humorous and although Charlie and Nate's friendship is prickly, you know they're OK with each other. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |

Prudence Shenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hicks, Faith ErinIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,220,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible