Ruth's First Christmas Tree

by Elly Griffiths

Series: Ruth Galloway (4.5)

A spirited stocking stuffer for fans craving a taste of Ruth Galloway in their holiday season. It is three days before Christmas and a bitter wind is blowing across Norfolk.   Until her daughter was born, forensic archaeologist Ruth Galloway didn't do Christmas, but now that Kate is a year old, she wants it to be special.  She must get a tree, shop for food, clean the house, buy presents, including one for her new boyfriend--who she isn't even sure is her boyfriend--and remember to get the turkey out of the freezer.  But time is rushing by and the best-laid plans don't always work out ...… (more)

Ruth’s first Christmas Tree is a short story by Elly Griffiths featuring Dr. Ruth Galloway of forensic archeology fame.
This was a ‘free’ Kindle story published in 2012. (I read it in December 2023.)
I enjoyed it. It was very upbeat and very cute featuring all my favorite characters - Ruth, Nelson, Cathbad & Kate.
***** ( )
  diana.hauser | Jan 4, 2024 |
This book is about what it says on the cove. A very short read set in the few days before Christmas. I want to read the next Ruth Galloway so have read this one as an inbetween.

Ruth doesn't do Christmas but now she has Kate she wants to make an effort. With Cathbad on the scene with his head full of superstitions and pagan knowledge what could go wrong.

Not much of a mystery but maybe setting the scene for the next one. A fun half hour spent with Ruth and gang. ( )
  tina1969 | Oct 13, 2023 |
Just a very short story. What there was, was good but needed more ( )
  LisaBergin | Apr 12, 2023 |
Ruth Galloway
  SueJBeard | Jan 8, 2023 |
I read this one yesterday because I was so tired and I just couldn't muster up energy enough to read any books. So a short story felt very nice. Btw, I got this one for free a couple of days ago and it's probably still free.

I have read every book that have been published in the Ruth Galloway series (quick check on GR, yes now I have with this little one) and I like the series. Ruth Galloway is an archaeologist and since I wanted to be one when I grew up am I always happy to stumble over one in a book. Also, it's crime since Ruth seems to be a magnet for trouble. So archaeology crime = happy Magdalena.

Anyway since this is a short story isn't it much to the story, but it was nice to read. A bit weird to read about Christmas in the middle of summer. This is a story about finding the right Christmas tree and a missing tree peg that seems to be linked to a dying old Curator. ( )
  MaraBlaise | Jul 23, 2022 |

Elly Griffithsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kangasmaa, AnnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kovács, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pade, LærkeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Putkonen-Örn, KristaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Roos, GunillaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
22 December

'The spirits are strong in this one,' says the man in a white robe and gumboots.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,747,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible