Look! Another Book! (Look! A Book!) by Bob…

Look! Another Book! (Look! A Book!) (edition 2012)

by Bob Staake (Author)

Easy-to-read, rhyming text invites the reader to search for items on a different theme on each page, while celebrating the wonder of a picture book.
Member:sharpsounds
Title:Look! Another Book! (Look! A Book!)
Authors:Bob Staake (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2012), 48 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**

Work Information

Look! Another Book! (Look! A Book!) by Bob Staake

Another great seek and find book from Staake. The beauty of these is that they are fun to read and fun to look through. Love the dedication at the end. ( )
  alyson | Aug 29, 2013 |
Fun, silly, has various shapes and sizes of print and pictures. ( )
  Lukesilvera | Apr 26, 2013 |
Full of fun, zany awesomeness! ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
My 5 year old boy LOVES this book! Is it the monsters? The bright colors? The level of difficulty? The fact that he is very detailed? I don't know - but he LOVES it! Look Another Book is a fairly large book - ideal for lying on your tummy on the floor and looking at the pictures. Each double page spread is preceded by a solid colored page with 3 holes in it that highlights one thing each. It could be a punk alien or a drop of red paint or even a little monster - we'd look at that picture, then turn the page and try to find that item - he didn't quite connect that the picture would be where the whole on the previous page was when it was closed. But I'm sure that will come. =D

There don't seem to be a lot of things to find on each double page spread so I usually would find some little detail and ask him if he could find it - he doesn't read yet so he didn't realize that the book didn't asked him to do that. After you find everything in the book there is a full page that actually opens up vertically with another list of things to find. Everything rhymes which Connor loved and of course, being a boy, he LOVED the monsters!

This would be a great birthday book, FUN to read in the car, on a summer day at the beach inbetween building sand castles & wave surfing, in bed on a sick day - or whenever.

Disclaimer:
I was given a copy of this book to review on CCB. No money exchanged hands and I was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  tiinaj1 | Feb 17, 2013 |
Look! A Book! is a popular choice at my primary school library. I know this book will be equally beloved. I can already see the torn pages that will appear after a checkout or two from children who have taken it home and read it with little brothers and sisters, eager to turn the pages to the answers. Those are happy rips, the rips that come from love of the book. Can’t wait to see them. ( )
  debnance | Jan 21, 2013 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,321,067 books! | Top bar: Always visible