Amityville Horrible by Kelley Armstrong

Amityville Horrible

by Kelley Armstrong

Other authors: Maurizio Manzieri (Illustrator)

Series: Otherworld (novella, 10.7)

Jaime Vegasspiritualist, entertainer and, unbeknownst to her audience, real-life necromancerswore she'd never do another reality ghost show after the last fiasco. But when she's railroaded into a charity gig, she finds herself back on the set, this time with a cast of photogenic college kids, an up-and-coming Russian spiritualist, and a tale of missing girls and murder in New England. It's cheesy, but that's show business. With her werewolf Alpha lover, Jeremy Danvers, along to keep her nights interesting, it's not so bad really. Until the bloody ghosts show up. Jaime has never faced spirits like these, and no matter how hard she tries, they won't be ignored.… (more)

English (4)  Italian (1)  All languages (5)
I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
Great novella - Kelley's stories narrated by Jaime are among my favorites. This one was no exception. The plot was solid, for the short format of a novella. I also like the way Kelley tied this in to Jaime's full-length novel, while still keeping it as its own story. It was also great for Jaime to have one-liners here and there poking fun at how she's usually the one in trouble, instead of the one getting people OUT of trouble. Very fun for fans of the series, and I think those who enjoy ghost stories with a twist would enjoy this one even if they aren't familiar with the Otherworld series. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | Jan 26, 2018 |
I spent a large chunk of this novella thinking "this story is only a shorter version of NO HUMANS INVOLVED just with different ghosts." And, I stayed on that thought train up until the final pages when Armstrong reveals that no— in fact, this story is not at all what it seems. The plot is delightfully creepy, and incorporates a decent amount of this series’ mythology to make it feel like it could have been a full length installment.

Jaime’s always gotten a bad rep in the WOTO series, and is many readers’ least favourite character, but personally I rather enjoy her eccentricity, and ditzyness. She’s not badass like Elena, or smart like Paige, but Vegas certainly has her own unique charm, and she’s dating Jeremy which definitely helps. She also doesn’t need to be overly tough with Eve Levine as her guardian angel, and the pack alpha watching her back. The ending was by far my favourite part, but of course, I can’t really share why because of spoilers, but this novella is definitely worth the read just so long as you’re not a member of the ‘I hate Jamie’ club. ( )
  RabidReads | Aug 17, 2014 |
3.5 stars.

This book is told from Jaime's POV. She is by no means my favorite narrator. Her stories always seem the same to me. Not bad, but nothing spectacular either. Good news, Jeremy is in this book. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |

Kelley Armstrongprimary authorall editionscalculated
Manzieri, MaurizioIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
'You know how you said you'd never do another reality ghost show?' Mike's voice bounced off my dressing room walls.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,770,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible