Thirty Days to Understanding the Bible by…

Thirty Days to Understanding the Bible (edition 1992)

by Max E Anders

Member:stpetelibrary
Title:Thirty Days to Understanding the Bible
Authors:Max E Anders
Info:W Publishing Group (1992), Paperback
Tags:Bible -- Introductions

30 Days to Understanding the Bible by Max Anders

The book uses extreme repetitiveness to encourage memory. It's impossible not to have everything memorized after you've read ten chapters and had to fill out the same things on each chart. I didn't read this once in 30 days; it was sitting on my "currently reading" over a year. The reason being I read half of it in one sitting and kept meaning to get back to it for study but didn't. I'm not one who can do a reading cycle.

The ten doctrines of the bible is the third section are interesting as it departs from the charts to teach something different. It's written very simply to have the basics and outlines, order, books, events, all make structural sense. The point behind this is if you all the structure memorized back to back, when you get into more indepth study on your own, it will be easier, make much more sense, and come together as a whole. It can get a bit boring because of the repetitiveness, but it's a learning tool hammering it into your head.

The teaching technique used completely work for me. It may not for others, so I recommmend seeing an example of the workbook type structure before purchasing. Also, I do recommend extending this beyond 30 days. 30 Days of reading will definitely mean you completely get it and memorize it, but I think stronger memory and comprehension would pay off better extending it over a few more months. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
I have thoroughly enjoyed the reading of this book, "30 Days to Understanding the Bible" by Max Anders. One thing in particular that I appreciated was the way it was able to systematically layout the Bible in a very succinct and simple manner that helped me to better understand the structure of the Bible. At first glance, an individual will see the Bible as merely a collective gathering of an assortment of books written by foreign authors with unusual names. Instead, the Bible is a culmination of books written with a distinct purpose in mind, each with its own literary form and character, proclaiming many spiritual truths while flawlessly flowing from one time period to another. These books were written by men who were solely inspired by God and each book was written with a single object of affection in mind: a future redeemer, the coming Messiah, and a holy King, to deliver mankind from the bondage of human depravity.

The purpose at which I strived to complete the reading of this book is not for selfish gain nor ambition, but to acquire enough knowledge to impart upon those with whom I will be serving and ministering to on the mission field. I have found many basic principles in this book that any new Christian can gain from. I wish I had read this book early on in my life as a new Christian. It accurately laid out the structure of the Bible and categorized sets of books based upon the type, the purpose, and era of which the book was written. While most of these books were placed in chronological order, some were not. Furthermore, "30 Days to Understanding the Bible" did a splendid job in briefly summarizing each book of the Bible. And, as a teacher of God's Word, a short synopsis of each book of the Bible can be proven to be very useful especially in helping young, new, Christians to understand God's entire plan for mankind.

I am thankful that I have read this book and it will indeed remain a helpful tool in my ministry to disciple and teach new believers on the mission field. I hope and pray that I will be able to see the fruits of my labor, but will remain content even if I don't. ( )
  gdill | May 16, 2013 |
My wife and I went through this as brand new Christians and it helped lay a great foundation. This is not some book you read and walk away saying you know the Bible not at all. this book is like the frame of the puzzle. Read it so you know where all the little pieces fit in the big picture and then spend the rest of your life learning, studying and sharing with others all the details of Scripture.
  R.I.F. | May 8, 2009 |
It hardly seems feasible to understand the Bible in 15 minutes a day, in 30 days. Entire systematic theologies are in my library that take more than 30 days to read, much less understand! ( )
  temsmail | Feb 26, 2007 |
30 Days to Understanding the Bible is a short but rich overview of the Old and New Testaments. This book incorporates charts and images to help readers learn and understand the history, chronology, theology and significance of the Bible. Chapters contain easy to understand information which is presented in useful formats for simple learning or memorization. The book doesn’t have to be 30 days it can be done over a greater time as a catalyst for other learning or a shorter time as a refresher. ( )
  kurtabeard | Aug 1, 2006 |

30 Days to Understanding the Bible, the innovative teach-yourself guide that's helped so many readers get more out of the Bible, just got even better! Now Max Anders' remarkable resource for Bible learning is available in a new, expanded edition, with all the features that made the original so popular plus much more.

Proven effective by over 200,000 readers, 30 Days to Understanding the Bible helps you learn to position key Bible characters, places, and events in chronological order so that you can "think your way through" the entire Word of God. Through interesting, memory-enhancing exercises, 30 Days to Understanding the Bible acquaints readers with the core teachings of Scripture in just 15 minutes a day!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:27 -0400)

Helps you learn to position key Bible characters, places, and events in chronological order so that you can think your way through the Word of God. Through interesting, memory-enhancing exercises, this work aims to acquaint readers with the teachings of Scripture in 15 minutes a day.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,065,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible