Seduction of a Highland Warrior

by Sue-Ellen Welfonder

Series: Highland Warriors (3)

At the King's request, Chieftian Alasdair MacDonald has sworn to preserve the peace in the Glen of Many Legends. Thought he's handsome and fearless, his warrior's heart belongs only to his beloved land--until the fair sister of his oldest enemy shatters his defenses, branding his skin with a single touch, and sealing his fate with one stolen kiss...Lady Marjory Mackintosh will do anything to unite the warring clans, even seduce Alasdair MacDonald. She has loved the rugged Highlander since she first saw him and now, as temptation leads to surrender, Marjory dares to possess him, boy and soul. But a dangerous new menace enters the Glen, and he will stop at nothing to strip Alasdair of his honor--and the only woman who can claim his heart. [from back cover].… (more)

With ‘Seduction of a Highland Warrior’ Sue-Ellen Welfonder’s ends her Highland Warriors Series. In it she weaves lore with magic to bring us a story of three clans who lived in the Glen of Many Legends.

My favorite part, I must say, was the legend of how they came to be all there, right at the story’s beginning. The author did a marvelous job telling it and basically hooking me to the rest of the read.

Ms. Welfonder had her hands full with her heroine Lady Marjory Mackintosh, an impetuous, sharp-tongued maiden determined to do anything within her power, seduction included, to catch Alasdair MacDonald, Laird of the clan MacDonald as her husband. She’s loved him a while now but it seems that he won’t be easy to catch.

Alasdair MacDonald is one of those Alpha heroes that are strong, handsome and always do that which will benefit their people. That’s how he ended up being gone from the Glen for over a year, and now that he’s back, he must find out what’s afoot in the Glen.

He also knows deep in his heart that an alliance of marriage with Marjory is unrealistic because her brother aims to marry her to a Norse Warrior and would never ever give her to Alasdair.

What really impressed me more than the story itself ...for the rest of my review, I thank you for popping over to b2b...

Mel for b2b

*Book provided by the publisher through NetGalley. ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
Three clans, sharing the magical glen as decreed by the king in a bid to make enemies surrender to a pact to end the blood shed. This may have been a success on that end by anger and hatred runs deep and the bitterness still remains. Three sisters to each of the chieftains have a pact of their own. Marry the man of the enemy clan and finally put the rest all the fighting. 2 of 3 have succeeded but 1 still remains. The heroine may be the last to wed but the pact isn't entirely her only reason for marriage. She's loved the hero for a long time. But he's been at sea for years and has returned a completely different man. She can no longer determine what he's thinking or is he's thinking about her as much as she dreams about him. Known as a rake and not wanting for willing ladies, she's heartbroken at the idea that he no longer cares for her anymore. Still, this doesn't stop her from seeking him out in every crowd or feeling his presence every time he's near. The hero desires the heroine so deeply it's slowly driving him crazy. Many reasons hold him back from acting on his desires though. First is his responsibilities as laird to his people. Second if his pride. And lastly is the fact that no matter how desirable she is, she's still the sister to his most hated enemy. He can see that she lusts for him, cares for him. He laughs at her seduction techniques because just the idea of her breathing is a seduction in it's own. The first time they act on their sexual desire, she barely escapes with a kiss. The second, her brother arrives just in time to keep her clothes on. The last time he can't help himself from taking her and together they spend the night in each others arms. But after every encounter, there's always something to dampen the happiness in the heroine's heart. Be it the hero's emotional distance, her insecurities or her over hearing the new of his pending marriage. He must prove to her that he won't stand aside anymore and let other peoples opinions or his own fear rule his decisions anymore. As well as their emotional battle, they and the rest of the magical Glen find themselves plagued by visions of funeral fire and sacrifice. As well as phantom Viking ships. Together all clans must finally come to terms with the peace and realize whats truly important in life. I found myself enjoying this story, liking the characters and thinking ' okay, it's good even decent'. Then I slowly started to realize...hey, nothings actually happening. The characters go round and round and over and over the same topics and problems without anything being solved. Then I became disenchanted with the whole thing. Granted, I enjoyed the heroine who was strong but not feisty. Opinionated but not obnoxious. And I liked the hero who could be soo sweet to the heroine and the next moment hull off and punch her brother straight in the nose. Maybe it was the length of the book. 370 pages is a long time to have a plot line drag out and not have any drama or action to speak of. Disappointing end to the trilogy but come to think of it, this series wasn't amazing to begin with. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Good conclusion to the series. Two years earlier a truce was forced on the three clan leaders who claim the Glen of Many Legends. The sisters of the three lairds made their own pact: to secure peace through the time honored method of marriage. Two thirds of their goal have been met, as Catriona MacDonald married James Cameron, and Isobel Cameron married Kendrew Mackintosh. Marjory Mackintosh is determined to succeed by capturing Alasdair MacDonald, the man she has loved since the first time she saw him. It isn't going to be easy, as Alasdair is fighting it and there are forces working to keep them apart.

Alasdair is attracted to Marjory, but knows that pursuing her is a really bad idea. He and her brother are enemies, in spite of the truce forced on them by the king. He even went so far as to leave the Glen for a year, in an attempt to forget her. But as soon as he sees her again, the flames burn even hotter than before. He wants her, but his need to protect his clan is just as strong. I got a bit frustrated with his apparent willingness to give up love for them.

I loved Marjory. She is strong willed and determined that she will get her man. Her brother Kendrew is determined to find her a husband and is looking at various Viking suitors. He wants to strengthen ties with the Norsemen and keep Marjory away from Alasdair. But Marjory is a step ahead of him at all times, and has succeeded in secretly scuttling all of his attempts.

Alasdair's warrior instincts have him convinced that trouble is coming to the Glen. He is suspicious that the trouble is being caused by Kendrew in an attempt to get Alasdair and his people in trouble with the king. His attempts to warn Kendrew of his suspicions don't go well and only adds to the enmity between the two men. Both of them have severe tunnel vision regarding the other, which adds to their inability to trust in the other's honor. It doesn't help that each time they meet Alasdair also manages to be found in questionable circumstances with Marjory.

I loved seeing Marjory's attempts to get where she wants to be with Alasdair. She nearly succeeds several times,but they seem to be stopped by either his honor kicking in or interruptions by other people. She really thinks she's making progress, but she isn't sure of Alasdair's feelings toward her. During one confrontation with her brother, he says some things that make her certain he doesn't care, not realizing that he's lying in order to protect her. She does eventually see the truth, but in the meantime is tempted to do some serious damage to both Kendrew and Alasdair.

I was ready to do some serious damage to Kendrew myself. He is obviously in love with Isobel and very happy in his marriage. But he spends most of the book trying to arrange a marriage for Marjory, in spite of her opposition. He is completely unwilling to give her the same chance for happiness that he has found for himself. If I were Isobel, I'd be supporting Marjory by making Kendrew's life miserable until he saw the light.

There was a good buildup of tension, both with the romance between Marjory and Alasdair, and the looming trouble with the Vikings. The dream that Marjory had gave the reason for the trouble, and each event through the story added to the question of how they were going to pull it off. By the time the confrontation came I was ready for anything. There were a couple of interesting twists to what happened and the ending was satisfying, though it wasn't anywhere as intense as I was expecting. ( )
  scoutmomskf | Feb 18, 2015 |
THE SEDUCTION OF A HIGHLAND WARRIOR by Sue-Ellen Welfonder is an exciting Scottish Medieval historical romance. It is #3 in the "Highland Warriors" trilogy,but can be read as a stand alone. See, "Sins of a Highland Warrior" and "Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel". Follow,Chieftain Alasdair MacDonald and Lady Marjory Mackintosh on a journey of love,danger,seduction,sacrifice,secrets, the need to save the clan and keep the peace. Filled with passion,Scottish Highlanders,Scottish magic,myth,and the Glen of Many Legends. Written with everything you could possibly want in a Medieval Scottish romance. This is the last in this wonderful trilogy of three strong,determined,proud,fierce Highland warriors and their fierce lady loves. While, it starts out a little slow,it picks up quickly and moves fast. Ms. Welfonder knows how to pull her readers into her stories. You feel as through you are in the Glen of Many Legends with her hero and heroines. I love this authors stories! Oh, did I mention Devorgilla who is a cailleach.She is a meddlesome old crone who means well but is full of mischief,magic and foretells the future. I can hardly wait to see what is next for the author. She pulls you into her Scottish Highlands with her vivid descriptions and strong,fierce characters. Well, there is a few evil among her characters. You will not go wrong with "Seduction of a Highland Warrior". If you enjoy Scotland history, myths,their magic,legends,the Highlands and their struggles, romance, and of course love you don't want to miss the MacDonald and Mackintosh's as they struggle for survival and peace. A must read! Received for an honest review from the publisher.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING: MILD

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Feb 11, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,037,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible