The Heist: A Novel by Janet Evanovich

The Heist: A Novel

by Janet Evanovich, Lee Goldberg

English (68)  Piratical (1)  All languages (69)
This was the romantic cop meets con-artist story I didn't realize I was missing until I read it. I love how they constantly try to one-up each other, and I really love all the secondary characters. It reminds me of Vicky Bliss and John Smythe, one of my favorite couples. (Provided by publisher) ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
Kate O’Hare is a former Navy Seal, now an FBI agent. Her father is a retired military and retired covert ops agent for (possibly) the CIA. Nick Fox is a their, a charming high end grifter, and Kate is hunting him down. She finally nabs him during a jewelry heist. However, Nick escapes from a US Marshall and is a fugitive. But, Kate’s bosses intervene, and now Nick is helping Kate to take down criminals who are outside the legal means of being arrested. Kate is also responsible for Nick as his handler, trying to keep him out of trouble. Kate and Nick’s first operation as a team is to find a man who embezzled $500 million. To that end, Nick hires Willie, a woman who can drive anything, Boyd, an actor, Tom, a treehouse builder, and Chet, a makeup and special effects man. Together they face kidnapping, piracy on the open ocean and mixing with the extremely wealthy, while running a scam to capture the embezzler without ending up in prison or death. It is a fun action packed thrill ride, especially when Willie is driving. Snarky fun dialogue, quick wit and non-stop escapades kept me turning the pages. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Sep 18, 2018 |
Best Evanovich I've read in ages. The Plum series just plain irritates me now so this was a fun, energetic read that only occasionally tried too hard. Possibly due to help from Goldberg? ( )
  libgirl69 | Aug 13, 2018 |
Fun mystery novel and what you'd expect from Evanovich. This one has an FBI agent and a thief joining forces. They actually both end up working in a covert operation for the FBI. They are out to con a man who embezzled millions from other people. Again what you'd expect from Evanovich suave con artist and smart alecky female FBI agent. Nice read but is a bit cliched at points. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Aug 1, 2018 |
Entirely what I expected -- a cute, clever heist novel with crazy sexual tension between the FBI agent and the con man. If you like the TNT show Leverage, you'll love this book. It's not a literary masterpiece by any means, but it was entertaining enough, and a good palate cleanser after reading so many intense & emotionally draining 1000 page books. ( )
  captainmander | Jul 19, 2018 |

Evanovich, Janetprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Goldberg, Leemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kate O'Hare's favorite outfit was her blue windbreaker with the letters FBI written in yellow on the back, worn over a basic black T-Shirt and a matching black Kevlar vest.
"I should have gone with the French braid," she said. "The ponytail isn't my power look."

I Special Agent Kate O’Hare is known for her fierce dedication and discipline on the job, chasing down the world’s most wanted criminals and putting them behind bars. Her boss thinks she is tenacious and ambitious; her friends think she is tough, stubborn, and maybe even a bit obsessed. And while Kate has made quite a name for herself for the past five years, the only name she’s cared about is Nicolas Fox—an international crook she wants in more ways than one.

Audacious, handsome, and dangerously charming, Nicolas Fox is a natural con man, notorious for running elaborate scams on very high-profile people. At first he did it for the money. Now he does it for the thrill. He knows that the FBI has been hot on his trail—particularly Kate O’Hare, who has been watching his every move. For Nick, there’s no greater rush than being pursued by a beautiful woman . . . even one who aims to lock him up. But just when it seems that Nicolas Fox has been captured for good, he pulls off his greatest con of all: he convinces the FBI to offer him a job, working side by side with Special Agent Kate O’Hare.

Problem is, teaming up to stop a corrupt investment banker who’s hiding on a private island in Indonesia is going to test O’Hare’s patience and Fox’s skill. Not to mention the skills of their ragtag team made up of flamboyant actors, wanted wheelmen, and Kate’s dad. High-speed chases, pirates, and Toblerone bars are all in a day’s work . . . if O’Hare and Fox don’t kill each other first.

A brand new series from #1 New York Times bestselling author Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, bestselling author and television writer for Monk. What’s an FBI agent to do after she’s caught the world’s most wanted—and irresistibly charming—con man? Partner up with him. . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:02 -0400)

Just when it seems that international crook Nicolas Fox has been captured for good, he pulls off his greatest con of all: he convinces the FBI to offer him a job, working side by side with Special Agent Kate O'Hare. Problem is, teaming up to stop a corrupt investment banker who's hiding on a private island in Indonesia is going to test O'Hare's patience and Fox's skill -- if the two don't kill each other first.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,503,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible