Bleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo

Bleach, Vol. 1 (edition 2004)

by Tite Kubo

Series: Bleach (1)

Fifteen-year-old high school student Ichigo Kurosaki has martial arts skills and the ability to see ghosts, and his life is about to change when he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a soul reaper and protector of innocents.
Member:blpeders
Title:Bleach, Vol. 1
Authors:Tite Kubo
Info:VIZ Media LLC (2004), Edition: illustrated edition, Paperback, 200 pages

Work Information

Bleach, Volume 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers by Tite Kubo

Definitely have read this way back when.
I've read several volumes, but dropped it when it became apparent that the story will drag on forever. ( )
  QuirkyCat_13 | Jun 20, 2022 |
On of my favorite Anime/Manga series. ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
It is hard to believe Bleach started 20 years ago. It’s even harder to believe I have slept on this series that long. Why did I never pick it up? It is so good and now I need the next volumes. Soul reapers send hollows to their resting place. Ichino didn’t know this. He only knew that he has been able to see spirits his entire life. But danger lurks around every corner, and he will need the help and the powers of a Soul Reaper to survive and keep his family alive. This book was action packed, not too gory, but a little bit, and all over a fun read. I know there is an anime as well, I will be checking that out as well. But I think for now, I shall be requesting the next books. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Oct 5, 2021 |
I can see why people like it, but at least for the first book I found it somewhat painful to read. Choppy, not an art style I cared for, etc. Which is odd, I guess, given that I really liked Berserk, which has some of the same style in places.

*shrugs*

Probably just not my thing, but I'll browse a book from later in the series and see if the feel gets closer to my tastes. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
I wasn't really expecting to like this title, but I actually really did. The artwork's appealing, the story is told in a linear enough fashion to enable my brain to work it out and it's basically fun and interesting. Will definitely keep an eye out for later editions in the local library :)
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
2:23 A.M., Friday Karakura Town. I feel it here... Strange... I sense enormous spirit energy...

Ichigo Kurosaki has always been able to see ghosts, but this ability doesn't change his life nearly as much as his close encounter with Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami and member of the mysterious Soul Society. While fighting a Hollow, an evil spirit that preys on humans who display psychic energy, Rukia attempts to lend Ichigo some of her powers so that he can save his family; but much to her surprise, Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Now a full-fledged Shinigami himself, Ichigo quickly learns that the world he inhabits is one full of dangerous spirits and, along with Rukia - who is slowly regaining her powers - it's Ichigo's job to protect the innocent from Hollows and help the spirits themselves find peace.

Tite Kubo is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,873,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible