Afterwife

by Polly Williams

Rendered a ghost by an out-of-control bus, the devoted Sophie Brady watches over her heartbroken husband as he struggles with single fatherhood and bonds with family friend Jenny, who unearths revealing secrets about Sophie's life.

The plot was interesting. But it annoyed me that the author was constantly putting down the NoMo was of life and yet was constantly measuring herself and everyone else by those standards. There also was so much name dropping and brand dropping it became annoying. ( )
  KamGeb | May 17, 2014 |
AFTERWIFE by Polly Williams is an interesting British contemporary women's fiction. It is the sometimes, laugh out loud story of Sophie Brady,who is funny,devoted to the people in her life,beautiful,who just so happens to be dead following a tragic accident. And her heartbroken husband,Ollie,and her best friend,Jenny. When secrets surface concerning Sophie,Jenny,questions,do we really know the people we love after all? A funny,bittersweet story full of insight,second chances,loyalty,widowhood,raising a child after losing a parent,and love. A poignant story of love, loss,grief and loving again after a tragedy. The writer draws the reader into this story with her engaging characters, interesting and intriguing plot. Can the dead really communicate with the living? You have to read "Afterwife" to find out Ms. Williams take on this matter. A funny yet bittersweet,and heartwarming story of death,life,loss and love. An engaging story from beginning to end. Received for an honest review from the publisher. Details can be found at Berkley,the author's website,and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING: Hot: Detailed sex scenes,profanity or graphic violence

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Jan 2, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,398,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible