A Quest of Heroes by Morgan Rice

A Quest of Heroes

by Morgan Rice

A QUEST OF HEROES (BOOK #1 IN THE SORCERER'S RING) revolves around the epic coming of age story of one special boy, a 14 year old from a small village on the outskirts of the Kingdom of the Ring. The youngest of four, the least favorite of his father, hated by his brothers, Thorgrin senses he is different from the others. He dreams of becoming a great warrior, of joining the King's men and protecting the Ring from the hordes of creatures on the other side of the Canyon. When he comes of age and is forbidden by his father to try out for the King's Legion, he refuses to take no for an answer: he journeys out on his own, determined to force his way into King's Court and be taken seriously.… (more)

Veel negatieve reacties op dit boek, maar vond het een beter boek dan de andere die ik van deze auteur heb gelezen. Jammer dat ook dit boek weer een aantal spelfouten bevat. Jammer.

Het boek haalt het niet bij Tolkien of Robert Jordan, maar is zeker niet slecht. De karakters zijn sympathiek genoeg.
Het boek heeft me aangenaam bezig gehouden, en is dat niet het allerbelangrijkste?

Okay, een negatief punt toch eventjes er uit halen.
De grootste fout die de auteur kon maken was om de slechterik homosexuel te maken. Dat heeft veel mensen kwaad gemaakt. Waarschijnlijk was het niet de bedoeling, maar is het gedaan voor het plot. De 'slechterik' haat vrouwen, en is homoseksueel, en een mogelijke troonopvolger. Dan zou hij ook voor nageslacht moeten zorgen. ( )
  EdwinKort | Oct 18, 2019 |
The Sorcerer's Ring #1 ( )
  Ronald.Marcil | Jul 7, 2019 |
The premise of the book was intriguing but the main character and friends had no real troubles/encounters that made the reading enjoyable. Worse, everything was so F***KING touchy feely that I wanted to throw up! Every issue was resolved in a matter of minutes and the protagonist;'s attitude was too over-the-top. I literally had to put the book down every few pages as it was making me sick. ( )
  Quietbeat | Jun 26, 2019 |
This is the first book in quite a long series. I think there are 17 all up. So it is a set up a of a relatively standard quest/rite of passage tale. The characters are likeable, or not. You do feel their emotions, which is a good sign. I will admit, I actually had a couple of tears running down my face at one point. The world is built slowly and well. We are shown it through the actions and dialogue of the characters rather than masses of info dumping. While I did find some plot points a little simplistic and found myself knowing what was going to happen before I read it, I put this down to my own writing experience and as a testament to getting into the flow of the story. Sort of 'what would I do if I was writing this?' The author does have a habit of repeating words a few lines after using them, particularly when describing feelings, and it did pull me out of the story when I came across it. Overall though, I did enjoy the book and will most likely read more in the series. ( )
  KatiaMDavis | Dec 19, 2017 |
A Quest of Heroes by Morgan Rice is the first installment in The Sorcerer's Ring series. This is a coming of age story about 14 year old Thorgrin who prefers to be called Thor. His dream is to become a knight with the King’s Legion.

This story has everything I love in a fantasy story. There is mystery, betrayal, love, lust, and of course hate. I did feel as though things happened fairly quickly, but it was a good story. I can't wait to read the next installment. ( )
  feeroberts64 | Jul 9, 2017 |
The boy stood on the highest knoll of the low country in the Western Kingdom of the Ring, looking north, watching the first of the rising suns.

Morgan Rice is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,857,788 books! | Top bar: Always visible