Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker

Ten Tiny Breaths (2012)

by K. A. Tucker

After a terrible car accident destroys her life as she knew it, twenty-year-old Kacey escapes to Florida, where she encounters an irresistible man determined to capture her wounded heart. Just breathe, Kacey. Ten tiny breaths. Seize them. Feel them. Love them. Four years ago, Kacey Cleary's life imploded when her car was hit by a drunk driver, killing her parents, boyfriend, and best friend. Still haunted by memories of being trapped inside, listening to her mother take her last breath, Kacey wants to leave her past behind. Armed with two bus tickets, Kacey and her fifteen-year-old sister, Livie, escape Grand Rapids, Michigan, to start over in Miami. They're struggling to make ends meet at first, but Kacey's not worried. She can handle anything--anything but her mysterious neighbor in apartment 1D. Trent Emerson has smoldering blue eyes and deep dimples, and perfectly skates that irresistible line between nice guy and bad boy. Hardened by her tragic past, Kacey is determined to keep everyone at a distance, but their mutual attraction is undeniable, and Trent is desperate to find a way into Kacey's guarded heart--even if it means revealing an explosive secret that could shatter both their worlds.… (more)

So conflicted on how to rate this. I go back and forth between a 3 and 4. There were definitely issues I had with the book, but then again, there was a strong lesson to be learned from it. I think I'll give it a few days before making a more in depth review. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
I normally love a good romance with a twist. But without the secondary characters this book would have been put on a back shelf and not picked up again for a bit.

Kacey and Trent, the two main characters were just not realistic enough for me. Kacey suffered a traumatic experience and while I get that it is hard to let go of something like that, she seemed to easily let it all slip away with Trent. From the moment he said that he would fix her I just KNEW something was up, that he had a connection to her past somehow.

Livie, Storm, and Mia are what made this book for me. I would have loved to seen more development with those characters and not just the cute little wrap up at the end.

This book provided from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  chaoticbooklover | Dec 26, 2018 |
Wow. So, so good. And so real. It really was wonderful. ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Kind of too graphically sexual for me. I don't mind books where the couple is sexually attracted to each other but it was way too graphic and unnecessary.
Kacey and Trent just had to be together at the end and the author was pushing it. The way they fell for each other just felt like major instalust/love. I knew the story was going this way so I didn't take it too seriously. The story was fun and interesting like I thought it would be. It kept my attention. I just think it could have removed the parts I mentioned before and have been great.
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
I wasn't sure where his book was going to lead me but it was such a heart felt wonderful read. I couldn't put it down. The characters were amazing and the reality of he story and lessons learned were very well crafted. Another one of my top pics for the year. Well done K.A. Tucker. You just gained another fan. ( )
  karenvg3 | Mar 19, 2018 |
To Lia and Sadie, May your angels always protect you. To Paul, For your continued support. To Heather Self, All the purple and green feathers in the world.
"Just breath," my mom would say.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,746,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible