dismiss

Steelheart (The Reckoners) by Brandon…

Steelheart (The Reckoners) (edition 2014)

by Brandon Sanderson (Author)

2,5571443,845 (4.01)1 / 95
At age eight, David watched as his father was killed by an Epic, a human with superhuman powers, and now, ten years later, he joins the Reckoners--the only people who are trying to kill the Epics and end their tyranny.
Member:dharding
Title:Steelheart (The Reckoners)
Authors:Brandon Sanderson (Author)
Info:Ember (2014), Edition: Reprint, 432 pages
Tags:2020

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

Recently added byNatalie_Paterson, rena75, JordanSummers, ajs2677, KayIS813, trvmorsy, cakeface, private library

English (142)  Dutch (1)  All languages (143)
Oh my god this book was awesome! One of my favorites for sure. I'll probably buy the entire series after my next paycheck. ( )
  KayIS813 | Mar 27, 2020 |
David’s story starts with incredible trauma. When David was 10, he and his father were living in the years after Calamity. Calamity was an incredible event that turned normal human beings into power hungry supervillains. He and his father were taking an ordinary trip to the bank when it was attacked by a particular supervillain named Deathpoint. He proceeded to rob the bank when Steelheart arrived. Steelheart was the most powerful supervillain of all time and ruled the city. Deathpoint and Steelheart fought, and when Deathpoint was sneaking up behind Steelheart, David’s father shot him. The bullet scratched Steelheart miraculously as he was perceived to be invincible, so Steelheart killed him. David escaped the bank with his life, and to that day 10 years from then, he has been seeking revenge against Steelheart reign.

This was a kind of dark, but incredibly interesting book. I enjoyed reading it and I went along with David the entire way. I found this book interesting and I am fairly sure I am not the only one that did so. David’s story was one of revenge, and it was one that had me hooked from the beginning. Starting a book with trauma and backstory is so smart because it immediately gets you into the main character’s world. It went at a perfect pace to follow with. I enjoyed this book and I encourage you all to read it. Bye! ( )
  BCash.ELA4 | Mar 26, 2020 |
That was absolutely fantastic. You just can't stop reading the book. The twists are surprising although of course in hindsight you could see some of them coming -- although the big one has no foreshadow. Great story, great characters. ( )
  chx | Mar 21, 2020 |
Really well-laid-out future where "Epics" (superheroes) are created, seemingly by random mutations, and what that does to our world and accepted society when that happens. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what had happened to all of my favorite characters. As it's technically a YA series I was not surprised to find myself able to predict some of the basic twists and turns but even so, I was hooked until the end and eagerly look forward to the next installment, which is an obvious WIN for any author looking to sell books regularly via a new series. Very well done. 4.5 stars ( )
  Nikchick | Mar 21, 2020 |
  Nikchick | Mar 21, 2020 |

Brandon Sandersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bryan, MikeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Carlino, AngelaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Green, SamCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Dallin Sanderson, who fights evil every day with his smile
Prologue

I've seen Steelheart bleed.

I skidded down a stairwell and crunched against steel gravel at the bottom.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,807,430 books! | Top bar: Always visible