Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock (edition 2014)

by Matthew Quick (Author)

A day in the life of a suicidal teen boy saying good-bye to the four people who matter most to him.
Member:Axmyman
Title:Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Authors:Matthew Quick (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2014), Edition: Reprint, 304 pages

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick

Recently added byArina42, claramenezes, KaitlynE, private library, lexrielle

Sometimes it's the right book at the wrong time. I tried reading this too soon after Butter, which deals with depression and suicide (albeit in a different way). I just couldn't connect with this one.
  JustZelma | Dec 20, 2020 |
There are so many issues in this for the characters to deal with. Bad parenting, abuse, bullying, depression, suicide, and more.

I only wish that everyone had someone in their life like Herr Silverman. Someone who cares. It definitely made me want to pay attention to how I treat people, even those I may pass casually on the street. It may be the only positive interaction they have that day. And I would love to share this book and that part of the message with others, but the language in the book will keep it from being read by the majority of people in my community. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Oct 23, 2020 |
Wow! That's the one word I'd use to describe this book. It was intensely emotional. I think I cried for half the book and not because it was sad and bad things were happening but because Quick was tugging at every single heartstring I have. I felt for Leonard and was dying to know what it was that drove him to make the decisions that he had made. Noah Galvin's narration was spot on. I absolutely loved this book. ( )
  melrailey | Apr 7, 2020 |
This book is really interesting. The twists are well done and the way the author captured emotions is really good. The ending was sort of disappointing. I wanted there to be more of a satisfying ending. Overall I would recommend this book to any teens or young adults who want a good book. Its one you want to keep reading if your falling asleep. ( )
  sabrinahh | Mar 5, 2020 |
Matthew Quick’s Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock is a heartbreaking and compelling character study of a teenager who is on the verge of committing two unthinkable acts: killing a classmate then himself. This insightful novel is a must read for both teenagers and their parents. Please click HERE to read my review in its entirety. ( )
  kbranfield | Feb 3, 2020 |

Matthew Quickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Galvin, NoahNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,570,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible