Gerald's Game by Stephen King

Gerald's Game (original 1992; edition 1993)

by Stephen King

6,25465982 (3.29)1 / 101
Member:mrgrooism
Title:Gerald's Game
Authors:Stephen King
Info:Signet (1993), Edition: Reprint, Paperback
Tags:Horror

Gerald's Game by Stephen King (1992)

Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King (sturlington)
    sturlington: These two books are thematically related and tied together by a full eclipse of the sun that occurs at a climactic moment.
    Bag of Bones by Stephen King (beckylynn)
    beckylynn: Not exactly a ghost story like Bag of Bones, but thrilling to the end. Starts off fast (however does have sexual content).

English (55)  Dutch (3)  German (2)  Italian (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (65)
Gerald's Game is at it's core a story about one woman's survival through many different horrors all at once. She is locked in handcuffs to a bed for a day or more and has to try and survive and escape, all the while she is also locked into a past that she never wanted to relive again in her life...and that's not even counting the dead husband on the floor, the stray dog that comes to visit and the boogy-man in the corner that she thinks may only be a figment of her imagination. Stephen King provides us with a truly amazing story of survival, for the past and present...and he shows us that sometimes the boogy-man in dark IS real. ( )
  Emery_Demers | Jan 29, 2019 |
Svenska: Geralds lek
  helenaferry | Jan 18, 2019 |
Grabbed this b/c of the attention it’s been getting on Netflix. Wanted to read before watching. I just wasn’t a fan of this. Some parts were really great and a bit gruesome and unexpected—but for me it was just so drawn out and really lost my interest towards the end.
Love the King—not this one. ( )
  Master275 | Oct 30, 2018 |
Stephen King. 'Nuff said. This has some great twists and turns and reads well. It is King at, maybe not his all time best, but certainly at the top of his game. Suspense, plot twists, creepiness, psychological drama, and good character development - what more could you want? ( )
  Al-G | Aug 28, 2018 |
This was so painful. I felt like I was tied to the bed forced to read. I kept at it thinking there would be a payoff. It ended with me wanting to stick a needle in my eye. ( )
  Nemorn | Jun 4, 2018 |
{Sadie} gathered herself together. No one could describe the scorn of her expression or the contemptuous hatred she put into her answer.

"You men! You filthy dirty pig! You're all the same, all of you! Pigs! Pigs!"

-- W. Somerset Maugham,

"Rain"
This book is dedicated, with love and admiration, to six good women:

Margaret Spruce Morehouse
Catherine Spruce Graves
Stephanie Spruce Leonard
Anne Spruce Labree
Tabitha Spruce King
Marcella Sprice
Jessie could hear the back door banging lightly, randomly, in the October breeze blowing around the house.

On a warm weekday in October, in the lovely summer home of Gerald and Jessie Burlingame, a game is about to begin. It's a game to be played between husband and wife, and a game that has Jessie being innocently handcuffed to the bedposts. Then, in one horrible violent act, Gerald is dead and Jessie--well, she's alone and still chained to the bed. But Jessie's about to have company that goes beyond all of her worst nightmares.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451176464, Mass Market Paperback)

A different kind of bedtime story from Stephen King, as a game of seduction between a husband and wife ends in death. But the nightmare has only just begun...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:26 -0400)

When rough sex between Jessie and Gerald Burlingame turns deadly, leaving Gerald dead and Jessie handcuffed to the bed, it sets in motion a terrifying and psychologically twisted twenty-eight hours.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,614,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible