Soul Screams by Sara Jayne Townsend

Soul Screams (edition 2012)

by Sara Jayne Townsend

Rating:***1/2
Tags:2014 challenge

Soul Screams by Sara Jayne Townsend

Recently added bypsutto, Sara_T

Thirteen stories from crime and horror writer Townsend covering 20+ years of published and unpublished stories. As with all short collections there are stories that work for you, and ones that don’t. The first story, the 13th floor is one of the better stories, although does have a couple of flaws. I also really liked Blue eyes, a story about passion and obsession and Jimi Hendrix eyes, about betrayal and cigarette burns about abuse. Mainly because I prefer psychological to overt supernatural there were a couple of stories that didn’t gel with me, especially the guitar (about a haunted guitar, I just found that concept a bit silly really), but thankfully the stories that were good far outweigh those I didn’t get on with.

Overall – Mixed collection of shorts from 20+ years’ worth of writing ( )
  psutto | Mar 17, 2014 |

Sara Jayne Townsend is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,173,964 books! | Top bar: Always visible