Vain by Fisher Amelie

I really enjoyed this story. The best part being Soph's personal journey and transformation. More than a romance...true love ( )
  MsButterfly | Aug 20, 2017 |
5 Brilliantly Written Stars

On the surface you would think Sophie Price had it all.. the rich parents, tons of friends who looked up to her, any guy she wanted, and the most beautiful eyes. But, Sophie is Vain and fails to realize that her beauty will lead her to troubles.

When she gets shipped to a foreign third world country as part of a punishment for messing up. Sophie realizes that there is more to life than herself.

Then we meet Ian and his brilliant self. How could you not love him with all of your heart. This book had me wrecked and I had to get myself together before I could even attempt to write a review.

I can't wait to read Greed..
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Great book! Kind of an abrupt ending and not your traditional YA novel, but it was FANTASTIC. :)

Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
This book is something different, believe me. It’s a refreshing story, very different and powerful. Fisher starts with the beautiful casting of Sophie Price. With friends who follow her lead, succumbing to her every whim, Sophie is ‘spoilt', self-absorbed and vain. She is a master at keeping up appearances, the only thing she has to do for her father when he needs her. Other than that, she parties, she’s known as La Fée Verte (reference to absinth) and proud of it. She’s so well described, I could literally see her before my eyes. She does drugs, cocaine and when this gets her in trouble for a second time she can’t get out of it and has to face the same judge she met before. The judge sentences her to spend six months in an orphanage in Ughanda where they don’t even have electricity. It opens her eyes to the reality of the world, and the reader at the same time. She works hard and finds love for these children. This book holds heartbreak and love. It’s a harsh story and yet so beautiful at the same time. I’m very curious about the second one that will be published: GREED ( )
  Ingstje | Jan 18, 2016 |
4 STARS

It's a story about self discovery, about a mistreated girl 9 of course who is certainly is not a saint) who was raised in a world of money & power and she must adapt to her life, but unfortunately she couldn't. and was cast away by her own family to africa for punishment where she rises and shines to be a great person

I truly enjoyed this story very captivating ...
it's certainly not a mind blowing one but I must say the shocking truth about africans kids gave me a reality check; and that we must be thankful for what we have

I Highly recommend this book. and enjoy!

Leila.Khouane | Sep 2, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,801,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible