Down London Road

by Samantha Young

Series: On Dublin Street (2)

"Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well--until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street, where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core. Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he's determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached. But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won't be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her...down to the very soul"--… (more)

English (31)  Czech (1)  All languages (32)
I loved that Jo was so much more than she appeared. her relationship with Cole, her brother was wonderful. more to come.

See full review here:
http://literarymatchmaker.blogspot.com/2013/06/on-dublin-street-series-by-samant... ( )
  readingbeader | Oct 29, 2020 |
Touching story.
Interesting as when you read the series in order we have a preconceived idea of the heroine, Jo from previous books but there is a lot more going on.
When the Hero and heroine meet they are both with other people and continue to be for a while in the story.
There are a few scenes, not much detail but they are both with their perspective partners.
Lots of scenes with the secondary characters from previous books in series and lots of potential for more in future.

HEA.
Epilogue. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
reread May 2020 ( )
  hipney | Jun 3, 2020 |
Summary
Johanna has always had the responsibility to take care of her family, her alcoholic mother and her teenage brother. She can’t turn to the government for help, because they may take her brother away. So she is working two jobs, and relies on a boyfriend with big money pockets, to help support her family life. She has yet to find a man that she could love and have a spark with until she meets Cameron MacCabe. Cameron has recently lost his job as a graphic designer, and is looking for a job, has a girlfriend but is drawn to Johanna. He can’t seem to figure her out and he is determined to discover her secrets. To Cameron she is a gold digger, and to Johanna Cameron is a self-absorbed judgmental ass. Yeah at first there are sparks…but not ones of passion, but when Cameron moves in the same apartment complex, she is in trouble. Cameron soon discovers who Johanna really is, and learns more of her than anyone, can Johanna trust him with everything…

The Hero
Cameron MacCabe, was lucky, he grew up with loving parents, but in his teen years he went off the deep end when he learned that he was adopted. Cameron loves art and design, has a rebellious side, tattooed and sexy as sin. What I found most attractive about this character was seeing the different depths to him. Cameron doesn’t have a high opinion of Johanna, he makes assumptions with her, and what was most endearing about his character, was seeing how he admits when he is wrong and attempts to make it up to Johanna. His character is very carefree, engaging, and easy to like. He is a family man, adored his parents, and makes a strong attachment to Johanna’s brother (which was so sweet to see)

The Heroine
Johanna is quite a spirited heroine at times, especially when it comes to Cameron. Johanna is dedication and loyal to her family, and she will do anything for them no matter the cost to herself. I really enjoyed her character from the very beginning of the story. I admired her strength and to deal with her past. What I liked most about her character, is seeing her relationships with her brother and her friends. What I found unique with Johanna is her strength and passion, she is a fighter most especially for her brother. And I had quite a bit of fun seeing her grow and stand for love too.

Plot and Story Line
Down London Road is a story that is just as good as the first book!! I had so much fun with this one. It does have a angst romantic feel to it, but in all honesty, This is a mix of Contemporary and New Adult, but you don’t really see the difference, its a subtle change and the flow of the story is smooth enough that you don’t get confused. This is Johanna’s story, and in the frist book I remember admiring her character quite a bit, she adds a bit of zest and boy did she really make this story spectacular. Both of the main characters did, but we see more of Johanna’s life and day-to-day goings, and so we see what she has to struggle with on a daily basis. The author does a wonderful job of having the reader so enthralled by the story that you get involved in each of the characters, and the emotions conveyed are so vividly real at times. There is one issue that I had with this story, I am not big on cheating AT ALL!! Well both Johanna and Cameron upon meeting each other both have people they are in relationships with, but they don’t act on what they are feeling until they end the relationships they are in currently. So I was alright with this circumstance and the author spins the story in such a way that become endeared instantly to their situation. We do have a villain in the story, and it adds a twist to the complexities of their relationship, and we get a ex involved in the mix, as well as the matchmaking of Jocelyn and Braden. We see a level of falling in love that isn’t easy, and many stumbling blocks this pair have to get through before they reach their happy ending. But I promise it does happen. Down London Road is a romance that I had quite a fun time with, with the angsty bantering, the fun-loving side characters, and the sensual relationship that forms between Johanna and Cameron.

The Cover
I just adore this cover, its so sweet and charming and has a romantic feel to it. I love the golden rich colors.

Overall View
Down London Road is a wonderful addition to the series, it has a sense of charm, a tender love story, characters that overcome their weaknesses and transition them into strengths, a fun loving and sexy romance!! Samantha Young is a author to remember. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
4.5/5 stars

It took me a little while to get into this book, but I ended up really loving it. Jo and Cam's story is sweet and I found it to be quite original. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |

Samantha Youngprimary authorall editionscalculated
Newlands, ElleNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,128,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible