My Tour Of Europe: By Teddy Roosevelt , Age…

My Tour Of Europe: By Teddy Roosevelt , Age 10

by Ellen Jackson

I do not know if it is just me, or if it is a universal phenomenon, but when I think about someone who is older that I’m I only think of them as they were always old. For example, I only though of Teddy Roosevelt as a president, and the idea that he was once a kid just like me never crossed my mind. I’m really glad that I got to see the world from 10 years old Teddy Roosevelt. Traveling and exploring the world is a great blessing. It allows you to discover the world and be much more accepting. This will be a great book to teach during a social study class about different culture and traveling. ( )
  saeedchaar | Apr 16, 2019 |
Teddy Roosevelt at age 10 is a story of letters and dates of when Teddy and his family traveled Europe in 1869 and 1870. The book goes into detail of the wonderful memories Teddy and his family had during Europe. Students would be able to relate to this book because it is when Teddy was ten years’ old. There are also many pictures in the book which also helps students comprehend what is happening throughout the story. ( )
  tanafernandez | Apr 15, 2016 |
This book was written using the journals Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt wrote when he was ten years old. Teddy talks about the different places he visited in Europe and the things he did while he was in each city. He starts off talking about leaving America with his mother, father, and cousins to go see Europe. Teddy talks about going to England, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Italy, and Germany. He also talks about going with his cousins and parents to go see the Leaning Tower of Pisa which he enjoyed. This book includes the dates when he visited each city and I thought this was good because it made it easier to understand what was happening. I did not know very much about Teddy Roosevelt, but after reading this book I know more about his life when he was a kid. This book was interesting because it came directly from Roosevelt's experiences when he was a kid and this made it easy for kids to be able to relate to it. ( )
  mwinningkoff | Jan 28, 2016 |
" My Tour of Europe" by Ellen Jackson is a journal written by Roosevelt while he spent a year in Europe. The book is written in short notes where Roosevelt writes about days of going to museums, parks, and various places with his family. Since this book is written by Roosevelt at the age of 10 the reader only gets to know about him at this point in his life. The book is written at a 3rd or 4th grade reading level, but readers 3-6 can enjoy this book fully. ( )
  twalsh | Jan 17, 2016 |
“My Tour of Europe, By Teddy Roosevelt, Age 10” is a wonderful read for anyone interested. This book is from a journal that Teddy Roosevelt wrote himself during a yearlong family trip to Europe. We can learn about young Teddy Roosevelt directly from him! The reader learns what the ten year old future president is interested in, what medical conditions he suffered from, how close he was with his family. This book is such a unique piece of work; I have never seen anything like it! While this book is from a journal Roosevelt kept, Ellen Jackson edited the book for misspellings. She does let the reader know, in the back of the book, which words were corrected and how Teddy originally spelled them.
I think this would be a great addition history to English. At the end of the book Jackson challenges the reader to start their own journal and offers up ides for topics in case they get stuck. ( )
  kmmoore | Mar 23, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0761319980, Hardcover)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:19 -0400)

Presents illustrated excerpts from the journal kept by ten-year-old Theodore Roosevelt as his family toured Europe. Includes ideas for beginning your own journal.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,854,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible