Listen to the Rain

by Bill Martin, Jr., John Archambault

3811468,429 (4)3
Describes the changing sounds of the rain, the slow soft sprinkle, the drip-drop tinkle, the sounding pounding roaring rain, and the fresh wet silent after-time of rain.

This picture book teaches readers about nature and the beauty of rain through pictures and illustrations. I could see Kindergarten and 1st grade enjoying this book at story time. I would love to use this book in a unit where we are learning about weather and nature in general. I could see students really enjoying this book!
  millerk22 | Apr 19, 2024 |
This book is great for students at a primary level. Through poetry and colorful illustrations, it shows what happens before, during, and after it rains. I would love to introduce this book to my classroom because it would be the perfect book to have as a read-aloud on a rainy day. ( )
  JulianV7 | Mar 18, 2024 |
beautiful language, and minimalist art to match. ( )
  melodyreads | Jan 17, 2020 |
"Listen to the Rain" by Bill Martin Jr. is a lovely book about the sounds and effects of rain. The books rhythm and use of rhyming words make the story easy and fun to read. The illustrations are simple and show how rain effects nature. "Listen to the Rain" is a good book to read to introduce rain and the water cycle. ( )
  olivia.sanchez | Mar 29, 2016 |
The book describes how rain starts from beginning to end. A cycle that starts out slow and soft then BOOM it's raining. Then, all of a sudden, ends slow and softly again with everything fresh and clean or new again.
I really liked this book because I love rain. Whether it's harsh or soft, I just love it. And, of course, I'm always thankful for the rain that nourishes mother earth and brother water.
I think this would be a great book for head start kids as well as into possibly kindergarden or first grade levels because the time it took to read was short. I also feel an added implement like a rain maker (that is an instrument from the southwest Indian Tribes) would add an ambience to the reading. Even having some of the kids participate in the story by using musical instruments (cymbals or rattles) would be a great experience for them and fun.
  NemaGuoladdle | Sep 11, 2010 |

Bill Martin, Jr.primary authorall editionscalculated
Archambault, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,693,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible