Cross-Cultural Servanthood: Serving the…

Cross-Cultural Servanthood: Serving the World in Christlike Humility (edition 2006)

by Duane Elmer (Author)

296157,263 (4)None
Member:jrgray
Title:Cross-Cultural Servanthood: Serving the World in Christlike Humility
Authors:Duane Elmer (Author)
Info:IVP Books (2006), Edition: 2.6.2006, 212 pages

Cross-Cultural Servanthood: Serving the World in Christlike Humility by Duane Elmer

$24.50
The last thing we want to do in cross-cultural ministry is to offend people in our host cultures. Unfortunately, all too often our actions inadvertently communicate superiority, paternalism, imperialism and arrogance. How can we minister in ways that are received as true Christ-like service? Whether you're going on your first short term mission trip or ministering overseas for extended periods, this useful guide is essential reading for anyone who wants to serve effectively in international settings with grace and sensitivity.
  OMFAU | Apr 7, 2010 |

Duane Elmer asked people around the world how they felt about Western missionaries. The response? "Missionaries could be more effective if they did not think they were better than us."

The last thing we want to do in cross-cultural ministry is to offend people in other cultures. Unfortunately, all too often and even though we don't mean it, our actions communicate superiority, paternalism, imperialism and arrogance. Our best intentions become unintentional insults. How can we minister in ways that are received as true Christlike service?

Cross-cultural specialist Duane Elmer gives Christians practical advice for serving other cultures with sensitivity and humility. With careful biblical exposition and keen cross-cultural awareness, he shows how our actions and attitudes often contradict and offend the local culture. He offers principles and guidance for avoiding misunderstandings and building relationships in ways that honor others. Here is culturally-savvy insight into how we can follow Jesus' steps to become global servants.

Whether you're going on your first short-term mission trip or ministering overseas for extended periods, this useful guide is essential reading for anyone who wants to serve effectively in international settings with grace and sensitivity.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:17 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,565,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible