The Last Train Home by Tony Wilson

The Last Train Home

by Tony Wilson

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. The first half is a bit disjointed, so it was a bit difficult to keep track of what is happening and how its going to come together. In the second half, you start to get a more clear picture of how the characters relate to each other and the purpose of their journey. There are also several surprises along the way.

The characters are very real. The author paints a very vivid picture of who they are and how they came to be that way.

grandpahobo | Mar 23, 2015 |
I find this an excellent read for the Christmas. The first part of the book I found a bit confusing (my reason for a 4 star instead of a 5) but in the end it all came together. You can definitely see the influence of Charles Dickens. ( )
  delta61 | Dec 8, 2013 |
Title: The Last Train Home
Author: Tony Wilson
Published: T.W.
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:

"The Last Train Home" by Tony Wilson was a wonderful Christmas holiday read. We find three men were together on the last train going home on Christmas Eve. It was truly wonderful how this author was able to bring out all the hurts and 'emotional burdens' that were really dragging them down keeping them from being who they could be. There was Sergeant Craig with war issues, Martin who from the loss of his wife grieves and then there was Stanley who was a successful businessman who had it all, but did he? I liked the way the author was able to put this all together similar to the birth of Jesus. Truly all of these men had done through a lots...leaving you to wonder will they be able to solve many of there issues in they mystery as they take 'The Last Train Home?' This will be one of those reads that will be hard to put down until the end. The author will keep you engrossed in it all. Yes, you may find some fantasy and magic...but it's all good!

After what all has been said and done you will see this novel as a uplifting and a well written read that I would definitely recommend for a holiday read. If nothing else you may even be surprised at the end of the novel. ( )
  arlenadean | Dec 5, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,749,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible