The Complete Food Counter: 2nd Edition

by Annette B. Natow

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FOOD YOU EATAnnette Natow and Jo-Ann Heslin, the registered dietitians and trained nutritionists who created the national bestsellers The Fat Counter and The Cholesterol Counter, bring their professional expertise to this complete encyclopedia of food values -- now in a handy size! The Complete Food Counter is the best go-to resource for the nutrition contents of food. Turn to this useful and dependable guide for: Listings for calories, fat, cholesterol, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, and sodium More than 17,000 entries of individual food items -- no repeated items Listings for more than 85 national and regional restaurant chains The only book listing nutritional counts for favorite take-out foods A to Z food categories -- easy to use, easy to locate, with portion sizes included Thousands of brand-name, generic, regional, vegetarian, ethnic, and organic foods It's the ultimate nutrition guide!… (more)

We bought this book after a brush with gestational diabetes and we continue to use it as a reference to determine which foods are healthiest for us.

There are many of these books on the market, but we chose this one because it had the most "whole" food information in it - such as apples, tomatoes etc. We don't eat out much or use prepackaged foods so we needed to be able to add up counts for our homemade food. ( )
  ShawnMarie | Dec 28, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,448,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible