The Good Cook's Book of Oil and Vinegar: With More Than 100 Recipes

by Michele Anna Jordan

Other authors: M. F. K. Fisher (Foreword), Liza Gershman (Photographer)

581452,151 (4)None
"Michele Jordan knows her food and she knows how to write about it." --San Francisco Examiner What is extra virgin olive oil and how do you find the best kind? How do you cook with flavored vinegars and should they be bought or made at home? What are the best oils for frying? How does the strength of a vinegar influence a recipe? The Good Cook's of Oil and Vinegar answers these and many other questions about this important culinary duo. The most comprehensive oil and vinegar guide available today, it offers key scientific, nutritional, and culinary facts as well as interesting history behind oil and vinegar. In addition, award-winning author Michele Anna Jordan shows how a distinctive oil or vinegar can add spark to a meal. She showcases a whole realm of delicious cooking with recipes such as: Bruschetta Fall fruit gazpacho Scallops primavera Roasted peppers balsamico Sicilian orange salad Apricot, persimmon, and cranberry chutneys Fruit, garlic, herb, ginger, and rose petal flavored vinegars And more Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.… (more)

One of the world's most delicious pairings with more than 150 recipes
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |

Jordan, Michele Annaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fisher, M. F. K.Forewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gershman, LizaPhotographersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,039,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible