Battling Boy by Paul Pope

Battling Boy

by Paul Pope

nerdythor | May 30, 2017 |
What a great book. I love Paul Pope and this is his best book by a mile. It is my favorite thing that I have read this year. ( )
  Hassanchop | Jul 4, 2016 |
This was a decent book overall, but my issue with it was that I was not aware going into it that it was not a complete graphic novel in and of itself. I assumed this was a one and done book, but turns out that it is part of a graphic novel series that Paul Pope is writing. I just wish I had known this going into it. That being said this is definitely a different type of book from the typical superhero fare of say DC or Marvel. This is about a young boy that is out of his element. He is forced into saving the world when he doesn't necessarily have the skills or the desire to really do so. The story really feels incomplete and almost makes it necessary to read further volumes in order to fully appreciate the story. This is simply a book that sets up what is going to be the rest of the stories. If you are looking for a longer term commitment for a graphic novel read then this is the book for you, but if you are wanting a complete story this is not the book to read because you will feel like you lost half the book somewhere along the way. When it comes to graphic novels or comic book type of books I always mention the art, so here goes: this artwork I found to be a bit jarring at times in certain places, but overall it was okay. Pope has a very specific style that has been recognize as artistic and critically successful. This being said that not every art style is for everyone and I discovered that Pope's art style was not necessarily up my alley, but it did not detract from the plot/story for me. I was still able to finish this first volume and after discovering the name of the second volume I am interested in reading it. It may be awhile before I pick it up though because it is definitely not something that I am going to jump into based on this first book. I just always try to maintain a positive attitude when reading these books and figure that reading the second one will probably redeem this one in my eyes. ( )
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
Parece-se com não sei quantas coisas e, apesar disso, consegue basta originalidade.
Não podendo chegar à 5.ª estrela, cabe fartamente nas 4 que recebe.

Agora quero as 12 t-shirts do Battling Boy =x

Ritinha_ | Aug 26, 2015 |
A town which looks like the 1930s is under siege from an army of monsters, who congregate in a bar beneath the town's art gallery. Battling boy is the twelve year old son of a god. He is dumped in Arcopolis as a coming of age thing, but he doesn't really know what he's doing. This is a funny cross-genre superhero thing, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Wormy, with Paul Pope's crazed style and splurting sound efffects. ( )
  questbird | Jul 8, 2015 |

A twelve-year-old demigod is sent to help the people of Arcopolis, a city infested with monsters.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,448,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible