Lush by Lauren Dane
Mary Whaley has her hands full running a successful catering company and overseeing her supper club. She has everything she ever wanted-or so she thought. When she meets ridiculously hot and very dirty rock star Damien Hurley at her friend's engagement party, the attraction she feels is overpowering-and she isn't about to deny herself.Damien is used to a hard and fast life. He and two of his brothers started a band when they were fresh out of high school-then they hit the big time and stayed there. He's also a legendary madman on the stage and in the bedroom. But when he meets Mary, something clicks, and the bad boy starts thinking he may have finally found something good.What begins as a series of fleeting trysts soon gets much more complicated. Damien can't figure out why Mary doesn't want more from him. And before long, it's Damien who wants more from Mary. But it turns out Mary is no stranger to celebrity news, and he's got a very big job ahead of him: proving that he's worth more than a one-night stand . . .… (more)

I have really enjoyed Lauren Dane's Delicious series. This one is about Mary, the caterer, and Damien a rock star. I really like Dane's characters and the intertwining with her other books. ( )
  hoosgracie | Apr 1, 2016 |
3.5/5
It's a very cutesy, sweet and hot book, my first forage in Lauren Dane's writing, and I just couldn't resist. This has two of my favourite tropes in romance and anything else - rock singers and chefs. I kid you not. I love reading books and watching movies about chefs or anyone with a guitar and a sexy voice. Bring it on! :)

The plot is very straightforward and would have led to a nice uncomplicated relationship which forced the author to introduce some drama to make it all more exciting for us. Frankly I don't like reading about overreacting emotional female jerkiness as much as male one, and this is partly why I lowered my rating.

No matter what something looks like you give a chance to a person you love to explain, you don't just walk away, because believe me, not anyone will run after you to try and explain. Some will be too proud to bother. So Mary should have come off her high horse.

I also did not appreciate her overbearing friend who was meddling in her relationship...

Otherwise, Damien was a sweetheart, well worth holding onto like a bloody national treasure, and she should have recognised that :)

This was all just a tiny rant, which doesn't mean I didn't enjoy this lovely book, I was just grumpy and not appreciative of heroine's inability to accept something wonderful in her life with a simple thank you.

Recommended. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
It's been awhile since I've read any Lauren Dane, and I was not disappointed. This book was H.O.T. I really like the way she includes characters from previous stories (and now other books I will have to buy). I just feel like she really knows how to write a great story with my favorite 3 h's - heat, heart and humor. ( )
  seanbata | Jun 14, 2015 |
Mary Whaley
Damien Hurley

Oh the good things I have to say about this book. I'm kind of excited about it so please excuse any gushy fan girl ranting that follows.

First of all, Mary and Damien: super hot couple with AH-mazing chemistry. Seriously they were burning up the pages from first meet. Mary and Damien's friends and family: great people! Mary's group of friends "Delicious" I especially adore. I will say I regret starting this series in book 3 because this is a close group with interweaving stories and I feel like I've missed out on a lot not knowing what the other characters have been through, but that is totally my fault and will be rectified soon. Back to Mary's friends a closer group of supportive females I don't think I'll ever meet. They are they for Mary every step of her whirl wind romance with Damien and I love they they aren't afraid to tell it like it is.

Overall this story was fun, sexy and made me think about how much I appreciate good friends, family and anonymity. 4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Book 3 of a series, I wish I had read the other 2 first, but without them to compare this one to...

Continuing from book 2 the characters are preparing for a wedding and so introduce the "hot and steamy" rock star that falls for the normal, no-nonsense chef. They have a wild-hot-sex-long-distance type affair while trying hard to not fall for each other... at least that is what Mary thinks. Damien has other plans as he falls head over heals for Mary and does his best to convince her.

This is labeled as erotica and yes, there are some very explicitly steamy sex scenes, but overall I found it to be more of romance novel.

Not bad at all, was a pretty good read but not an "OMG! I can't put this book down until the end" kind of read either. ( )
  JosieRivers | Dec 28, 2014 |

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,144,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible