French and English Philosophers: Descartes; Rousseau; Voltaire; Hobbes

by Charles William Eliot (Editor)

Other authors: René Descartes (Contributor), Thomas Hobbes (Contributor), Jean-Jacques Rousseau (Contributor), Francois Voltaire (Contributor)

214None106,681 (4)2
This work has been selected by scholars as being culturally important, and is part of the knowledge base of civilization as we know it. This work was reproduced from the original artifact, and remains as true to the original work as possible. Therefore, you will see the original copyright references, library stamps (as most of these works have been housed in our most important libraries around the world), and other notations in the work. This work is in the public domain in the United States of America, and possibly other nations. Within the United States, you may freely copy and distribute this work, as no entity (individual or corporate) has a copyright on the body of the work. As a reproduction of a historical artifact, this work may contain missing or blurred pages, poor pictures, errant marks, etc. Scholars believe, and we concur, that this work is important enough to be preserved, reproduced, and made generally available to the public. We appreciate your support of the preservation process, and thank you for being an important part of keeping this knowledge alive and relevant.… (more)

No reviews

Eliot, Charles WilliamEditorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Descartes, RenéContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hobbes, ThomasContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rousseau, Jean-JacquesContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Voltaire, FrancoisContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is volume 34 of the Harvard Classics series, French and English Philosophers. Please do not combine it with any of the individual works, which include:
  • Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting the Reason and Seeking the Truth in the Sciences, by René Descartes
  • Letters on the English by Voltaire
  • A Discourse Upon the Origin and the Foundation of the Inequality of Mankind by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Of Man, being the first part of Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,213,726 books! | Top bar: Always visible