Will & Whit

by Laura Lee Gulledge

Wilhelmina "Will" Huxstep is a creative soul struggling to come to terms with a family tragedy. She crafts whimsical lamps, in part to deal with her fear of the dark. As she wraps up another summer in her mountain town, she longs for unplugged adventures with her fellow creative friends, Autumn, Noel, and Reese. Little does she know that she will get her wish in the form of an arts carnival and a blackout, courtesy of a hurricane named Whitney, which forces Will to face her fear of darkness.… (more)

Shares many themes with the dark matter of Mona Starr. This book does a better job of using shadows to tell stories. Needless romance. Excellent celebration of shared art making. ( )
  JesseTheK | Nov 15, 2020 |
My review of this book can be found on my Youtube Vlog at:

Enjoy! ( )
  booklover3258 | Jul 1, 2020 |
Loved the illustrations, but the story was just so so. A little...eh, I guess. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |
Arrrrgh these YA titles are killing me. This graphic novel was SO cheesy and hokey and well just really, really stupid. The "story" is written for a 4th or 5th grader - does making the characters teenagers and throwing a few curse words in there all you have to do to classify something as YA? Drivel, a waste of $10 but at least this one only took me about 20 minutes to read. ( )
  Maureen_McCombs | Aug 19, 2016 |
Summary: Will is a 17 year old girl trying to live a normal life after a tragedy. The problem is she is afraid of the dark and facing her past. She learns that she must move forward and live more fully.

Reflection: Ah!! What a wonderful story. This is a great example of how much graphic novels have to offer. The story had all of the emotion and draw of any standard novel. Great way to hook the struggling or reluctant reader! ( )
  AlinaA | Feb 6, 2016 |
Some people are factory-fresh. But me? I'm more of a passed-down sort of girl.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,970,210 books! | Top bar: Always visible