The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross

The Girl with the Iron Touch (edition 2014)

by Kady Cross (Author)

London, 1897. When mechanical genius Emily is kidnapped by rogue automatons, Finley Jayne and her fellow misfits fear the worst. To save those she cares about, Emily must confront The Machinist's ultimate creation -- an automaton more human than machine.
Member:JeanetteReames
Title:The Girl with the Iron Touch
Authors:Kady Cross (Author)
Info:Harlequin Teen (2014), Edition: First Time Trade, 336 pages

The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross

This was far and away my favorite of the series. ( )
  bookbrig | Aug 5, 2020 |
Emily can speak to machines. That's why representatives of The Machinist kidnap her after his death, leaving Sam, especially, distraught. At the same time Griffin is acting strange, Jasper is off with an old friend, Finley is choosing between Griffin and Jack Dandy, and a strange new girl has entered their family.

This book in particular touches on what it is to be alive and just what it would take for an automaton to be considered so. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
{Full Review to Come - Check out other reviews @SERIESous Book Reviews}

This book was great from start to finish!

I thought it might be dry seeing as it is the 2nd last book of the series but it always kept itself moving. When it wasn't focused on the character relationships, it focused on the actual plot and laying down the tracks for an awesome conclusion.

I love how everything came together in this novel. It's probably my favourite of the series so far.

Though I couldn't give it 5 stars because I feel like the plot is very singular in its execution. I suppose I wanted a more dramatic plot line or another subplot besides the characters' relationships.

Regardless, this is a fantastic addition to the series!

Full Review: TBP
Actual Rating: 4/5

seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |

Oh, how I've missed these guys. They are by far my favorite group of steampunk characters. They never fail to amaze me.

Iron Touch starts off with action. I've come to love that in Kady Cross's writing. She grabs you from the very beginning and refuses to let you go. The plot is very fast paced. Although some of the events are predictable, some take you completely by surprise. We are also introduced to a new character. I'm not going to say much about this person, as it would spoil some things, but I can't wait to see where they go in the storyline.

The characters as usual are great. I absolutely adore Emily, Sam, Jasper, Finley, and Griffin. After everything they have been through, their relationships with each other are kind of up in the air. They don't know the right things to say, and when they do, they are interrupted. There are so many times I wanted to slap the mess out of Griffin. For such a smart guy, he can be very dumb. I also loved seeing a gentler side to Sam. Although it is so much fun seeing him and Finley go head to head. Emily is stronger than anyone thinks. She's known for making the logical decision at all times, but finds herself making choices on the fly. We also get a bit of Jack Dandy. I love this man. He's awesome, and I hope as the series progresses we get to see a little more about him.

Fans of this series or steampunk will love this book. Also keep an eye out for The Dark Discovery of Jack Dandy. It's supposed to be released July 1, 2013. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
The plot of these books is still simplistic with all the tropes of a romance novel, but the writing for this series gets better with each installment. This is a rarity in the book world, as usually each installment in a series is of lesser quality than the first books. This series is clearly an exception. The characterization is getting deeper and richer providing the reader with some people that they like and care about and making them want to see how the characters grow and change as they explore and find their way in their world. The world the author has created is also getting deeper and richer with each addition of the series. This is not great literature but the series is rollicking good fun with women doing unusual things and being unusual people. In short, this is a good effort and a surprise for the third book in a series. ( )
  benitastrnad | Sep 21, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,902,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible