Eden Forest: Part one of the Saskia Trilogy…

Eden Forest: Part one of the Saskia Trilogy (Volume 1)

by Miss Aoife Marie Sheridan

Notes:

*Actual rating: 2.5/5; could be rounded to three.
*Flow could be better but this is just the first book.
*'I love you' already? What even...
*I don't quite get Saskia's monarchy: Tristan's next in line even if Morrick has legitimate children? The head of the guardians becomes king... then marry a princess?
*More info in the next book maybe.
*Speshul snowflake. ( )
  Ayanami_Faerudo | Jan 11, 2017 |
Alternate worlds, magic, romance, and fighting an ancient evil darkness. Combine all this in with a fantastic set of cultures, exciting adventure, and you've got the makings for a fantastic plot! This story has all that, and more, creating a captivating book full of surprises, twists and turns.

The characters filling up this book are all fun to read about. Most of them have paranormal abilities, and fascinating cultural dynamics, all coming together to create an exciting story. They each have secrets, desires, and dreams that unfold throughout the book. Mixing these things with some touching true-love romances, made these characters real and engaging.

While I did enjoy this story, it was difficult to read in some places. Whether it was the formatting from being published incorrectly, or lacked proper editing, it did take away from the reading experience. It is a good story though, and overall I enjoyed it. I'd recommend it to YA, NA and fantasy fans.

*I was given an eCopy of this book, from the author via Home of a Book Lover, to read in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |
I received a signed copy of this book through a giveaway on FaceBook, and the following is my honest opinion for the book.

While the premise of parallel universes is not new, the way the author chooses to use the concept is. In the case of a Eden Forest by Aoife Marie Sheridan the parallel universe is Saskia and SaraJane is the link between it and back home on Earth.

On Earth SaraJane is a typical 21-year old. She has a job and one day after her mother disappears she gets whisked by Tristan to an unknown world where she discovers she is now a real life princess, and is the only one who can save Saskia from its fate.

Growing up on Earth SaraJane had no powers, but soon discovers she has magical ones now, like everyone else.

On Saskia she starts to discover herself through a journey which will take her through the unbelievable world she’s on now, which includes coming face to face with a father she never knew as a child.

The story which the author has written is pure fantasy, and has a romantic element in which SaraJane’s guardian has grabbed the attention of her heart. However, there a dark element present that wants to take this away from her.

The more SaraJane learns about the powers she now possesses, the more she learns it comes with a heavy price, as she’s being continuously tested. And she ultimately must ask herself a question no one wants to have to answer, the question concerning life and death itself, the question which deals with who will die and who will live.

The storyline, which begs the reader to read more and to turn each page to learn more, only could be present due to the skillful writing of Ms. Sheridan.

Eden Forest is the first part of the trilogy the author has concocted of which I’d love reading. But unfortunately, being a Book Reviewer, I don’t have the time or luxury of being able to read the rest of the books in this series. With that said, I’m giving this book 5 STARS. ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Mar 27, 2015 |
Aoife brings something different to the world of paranormal books. When Sarajanes mother goes missing, her and Josh, her best friend, search for her every Sunday. Everyone believes the worst but Sarajane feels her mother is still out there, so she keeps looking. While everyone is trying to act happy and move on there is still the heaviness of losing their mother/wife in the house. Josh has asked Sarajane to the ball, he wants to get her mind off her mother for a little while, and he also wants to confess his love to her. Things are about to change when a man Sarajane has never met comes up to her and asked her dance. Tristan has been sent to find Sarajane to bring her to where her mother has been all this time. Sarajane is about to discover, advanture, love, loss, and her destiny.

For me the beginning of the book was a little slow, but it picked up fast and I didn’t want to put it down. I think that Aoife did a great job on describing the world of Saskia and brought me right there beside Sarajane on her journey. There was a few times I was left wanting to know more about some characters but maybe that will come in the next book. Sarajane is a strong willed woman and will stop at nothing to save the people she loves. I think that is part of why I loved this book so much. I did want to smack the King up side the head a few times though, but I guess that is part of why he makes a good king.

This book was given to me by the Author for my honest review ( )
  Hbeck | Aug 19, 2014 |

This book was given to me by the Author for my honest review ( )
  Hbeck | Aug 19, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,947,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible