Capital Crimes by Jonathan Kellerman
450None23,327 (3.17)13
Recently added byJoel.G..Gomes, private library, Spalding, ganderlibrary, mississauga, gmerick, Kyr

Internationally bestselling husband and wife Jonathan and Faye Kellerman team up for a powerful one-two punch with Capital Crimes, a gripping pair of original crime thrillers. MY SISTER'S KEEPER: BERKELEY Some of progressive state representative Davida Grayson's views have made her unpopular. Although her foes are numerous no one suspects that any buttons Davida might push could evoke deadly force. But now Davida lies brutally murdered in her office, and Berkeley homicide detectives Will Barnes and Amanda Isis must unravel Davida's complex, before the killer pulls off a repeat performance. MUSIC CITY BREAKDOWN: NASHVILLE Baker Southerby, the son of musicians, was a child prodigy performer. But something Baker won't talk about leads him to quit the honky-tonk circuit, become a Nashville cop, and never look back. His partner, Lamar Van Gundy, is a would-be studio bassist from up North who never quite made the cut in Music City, so instead earned himself a detective's badge. Now both men are members of Nashville PD's elite Murder Squad, with a solid record for solves. But when they catch a homicide that's high-profile even for a city where musical celebrity is routine, their skills are tested: Jack Jeffries, a rock legend who cast aside personal demons and emerged from retirement to perform at a charity benefit, has been discovered in a ditch near the Cumberland River, his throat slashed.
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
Two novellas in one binding, My Sister's Keeper features a cameo appearance by Kellerman character Peter Decker and Music City Breakdown includes a cameo of Alex Delaware. Both stories are well scripted, vintage Kellerman developments
of plot and characters. ( )
  Birta | Jan 21, 2013 |
Disappointed in this joint venture.
  Bookish59 | Sep 10, 2011 |
I picked this book up just before Lent started. I read the first few pages, was not particularly impressed, and then had to put it down for my Spiritual Reading/Lenten Sacrifice. I picked it up about a week after Lent ended and started reading it again.

I didn't particularly care for the writing/editing style of the authors -- they don't follow the rules of grammar -- but I *really* enjoyed this book! This book was, honestly, one of the best books I have read in a very long time! It was really good that I read it because I was starting to give up on ever reading another good book!

I won't be keeping the book, however, because I don't feel I would ever reread it. For that reason, I wonder if my rating for it is too high ... but, this book has certainly reignited my love for reading so it probably deserve that high rating!

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | May 12, 2011 |
couldn't really get into this and see that other people couldn't either. ( )
  mahallett | Jul 27, 2010 |

Jonathan Kellermanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kellerman, Fayemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kellerman, Fayemain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 034546799X, Mass Market Paperback)

MY SISTER’S KEEPER: BERKELEY
Some of progressive state representative Davida Grayson’s views have made her unpopular. Although her foes are numerous no one suspects that any buttons Davida might push could evoke deadly force.
But now Davida lies brutally murdered in her office, and Berkeley homicide detectives Will Barnes and Amanda Isis must unravel Davida’s complex, before the killer pulls off a repeat performance.

MUSIC CITY BREAKDOWN: NASHVILLE
Baker Southerby was a child prodigy performer. But something leads him to become a Nashville cop. His partner, Lamar Van Gundy, is a would-be studio bassist who earned himself a detective’s badge. As part of Nashville PD's elite Murder Squad, they catch a homicide that’s high-profile even for a city where musical celebrity is routine.
Capital Crimes is page-turning, psychologically resonant suspense–just what we’ve come to expect from two of the world’s most successful crime writers.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:47 -0400)

"My Sister's Keeper: Berkeley: Progressive state representative Davida Grayson fits in well with her Berkeley constituents. But some of Davida's views have made her unpopular elsewhere. Davida's foes are numerous: politicians on the other side of the aisle, racist hatemongers, even dissenters in her own party. Still, no one suspects that any buttons Davida might push could evoke deadly force." "But now Davida lies brutally murdered in her office, and Berkeley homicide detectives Will Barnes and Amanda Isis must unravel Davida's complex, surprising life in order to find her killer. As they dig deeper, Will and Amanda realize that the real Davida Grayson was someone the public never knew. The investigation draws the detectives into a labyrinth of hidden sexuality, dark secrets, betrayal, and bloody vengeance that leads tortuously into madness. With time short and the suspect list long, Barnes and Isis must find the answers before the killer pulls off a repeat performance." "Music City Breakdown: Nashville: Baker Southerby, the son of musicians, was a child prodigy performer. But something Baker won't talk about leads him to quit the honky-tonk circuit, become a Nashville cop, and never look back. His partner, Lamar Van Gundy, is a would-be studio bassist from up North who never quite made the cut in Music City, so instead earned himself a detective's badge. Now both men are members of Nashville PD's elite Murder Squad, with a solid record for solves. But when they catch a homicide that's high-profile even for a city where musical celebrity is routine, their skills are tested: Jack Jeffries, a rock legend who cast aside personal demons and emerged from retirement to perform at a charity benefit, has been discovered in a ditch near the Cumberland River, his throat slashed." "It's a whodunit as heartbreaking as it is baffling. Southerby and Van Gundy understand the rhythms of the music biz as intimately as the streets they work - and know that both have their dark sides. What the detectives don't realize is just how high the price of success can be. Long before the last notes of Jack Jeffries's final song have faded, Southerby and Van Gundy will learn about the dangers of concealing a hidden past ... the hard way."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Five editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible