While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by…

While We Were Watching Downton Abbey (edition 2013)

by Wendy Wax (Author)

"When the concierge of The Alexander, a historic Atlanta apartment building, invites his fellow residents to join him for weekly screenings of Downton Abbey, four very different people find themselves connecting with the addictive drama, and--even more unexpectedly--with each other." -- Cover flap.
Member:SharleneMartinMoore
Title:While We Were Watching Downton Abbey
Authors:Wendy Wax (Author)
Info:Berkley (2013), Edition: Reprint, 384 pages
Tags:to-read

While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax

Satisfying. Just what I was looking for; nothing too deep and a happy ending. ( )
  emrsalgado | Jul 23, 2021 |
As a huge Downton Abbey fan I was so excited about this book then I realized it took place in Atlanta and I was hooked.

Overall, I really enjoyed the characters but felt like the first half of book was an introduction to all, the middle focused on Claire( who is my least favorite) and the end was all about Samantha. I kept wanting more Brooke, although her story line seems pretty predictable. I hope we get a sequel as they watch season 3 (and 4?) of DA, which based on the ending seems like a possibility. ( )
  sunshine608 | Feb 2, 2021 |
I was between two and three stars here.
It just wasn't that exciting/interesting. Sometimes nothing much happens in a book but it's written so well that it doesn't matter.

This book really made me want to watch Downton Abbey (starting it next week I think) and it really made me love the idea of a good theme party. But it didn't totally pull me into the story of the main characters. Yes I was totally into one of their stories, but not all of them. I was ready to finish the story but felt like a few of the story lines didn't wrap up.

Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
Edward, the British concierge of a historic Atlanta apartment building, launches weekly viewing parties for the first two seasons of Downton Abbey in hopes of fostering community among the residents of the building. Among these residents are three women from different backgrounds and at different life stages—Samantha Davis, married for more than 25 years to a man from a prominent family, Claire, a single mother and recent empty-nester who looks forward to writing her third book full-time, and Brooke, a recently divorced mother of two young girls, who is trying to find her bearings. This book explores the power of a shared experience to allow people to look beyond first impressions and form new friendships. Filled with warmth, humor, and abundant refreshments, "While We Were Watching Downton Abbey" is an engaging novel of friendship and loyalty that demonstrates the importance of facing life’s challenges with one’s friends in tow. If you’re looking for a relaxing read on a lazy afternoon, look no further.

Rachel H. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
3.5 out of 5

The Alexander is a historic downtown Atlanta apartment building where the concierge is Edward, the epitome of a proper British butler. In order to build community among the residents, he decides to have a weekly screening of Downton Abbey. The story centers mainly on Claire, Samantha, and Brooke. I won’t go into the details of each woman’s story but if you enjoy women's fiction and reading about women and all their flaws, trials, and hopes, you’ll enjoy this audio. At it’s heart, it’s a book about friendships and how a good friend will always have your back. A nice, lighter summer read. The narrator was excellent and did a phenomenal job with accents.
  janb37 | Feb 13, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,521,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible