Love, Lucy by Lucille Ball

Love, Lucy (edition 1997)

by Lucille Ball (Author)

THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER The one and only autobiography by the iconic Lucille Ball, hailed by TV Guide as the "#1 Greatest TV Star of All Time." Love, Lucy is the valentine Lucille Ball left for her fans--a warm, wise, and witty memoir written by Lucy herself. The legendary star of the classic sitcom I Love Lucy was at the pinnacle of her success when she sat down to record the story of her life. No comedienne had made America laugh so hard, no television actress had made the leap from radio and B movies to become one of the world's best-loved performers. This is her story--in her own words. The story of the ingenue from Jamestown, New York, determined to go to Broadway, destined to make a big splash, bound to marry her Valentino, Desi Arnaz. In her own inimitable style, she tells of their life together--both storybook and turbulent; intimate memories of their children and friends; wonderful backstage anecdotes; the empire they founded; the dissolution of their marriage. And, with a heartfelt happy ending, her enduring marriage to Gary Morton. Here is the lost manuscript that her fans and loved ones will treasure. Here is the laughter. Here is the life. Here's Lucy... "The comic actress in her own words...intensley moving."--San Francisco Chronicle "Filled with light and laughter."--New York Times Book Review… (more)
Member:Jrathbone9
Title:Love, Lucy
Authors:Lucille Ball (Author)
Info:Penguin Publishing Group (1997), 256 pages

Love, Lucy by Lucille Ball (Author)

There is so much more to Lucy than the funny, witty, memorable comedian. She was a regular woman with hopes, dreams, struggles, fears, and daily life just like any other woman in her era.
Reading this book was a wonderful experience for me. ( )
  Nora_Reads | Sep 16, 2020 |
Very awesome book. Written by the crazy red head herself and packed full of info that not many people know. I now have even more respect and love for this woman after having read this book. I dare say... I just Love Lucy 💜 ( )
  SumisBooks | Dec 5, 2017 |
Amazing book written by an amazing woman. It was very interesting and easy to read/follow. She has written an honest and funny memoir probably because she was thinking it will never get published. My only wish would have been a bigger section on "I love Lucy" show. Like if Vivian Vance and William frawley really hated each other.. What took to film amazing episodes like the chocolate factory, Lucy in Italy scenes... Still I will be grateful with what I have :) ( )
  soontobefree | May 1, 2017 |
Honestly, I couldn't even make it past the first chapter. I picked this up because of a decent review I read of it, but found the writing dull and uninspired, and I guess I'm not into Lucy enough to read it despite that... If you really love Lucy, then maybe. For me, a no-go. ( )
  MizPurplest | Sep 21, 2015 |
This was a choice of my book club--I voted against it. I never thought that the physical, pratfall comedy of Lucy was that great, and am not a fan of the show. However, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it (another reason to join a book club--I am often surprised at how much I enjoyed books that I would NEVER have read on my own). I loved the background of her childhood--those were interesting times. And she was one determined young women--continuing to work at anything to make it as an actress. I also admired her work ethic and loved learning how Lela Roger, Ginger's mother, mentored so many young actors at RKO--that kind of gem of information was very interesting.

A good read even for non-Lucy fans!! ( )
  doggonelaura | Feb 7, 2015 |

Ball, LucilleAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Arnaz, LucieForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hoffman, Betty HannahAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I'm a Leo.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,205,570 books! | Top bar: Always visible