Avalon: The Retreat by L. Michael Rusin

Avalon: The Retreat (edition 2012)

by L. Michael Rusin, Kamel Press (Editor)

711,654,471 (3.5)None
Member:kamelpress
Title:Avalon: The Retreat
Authors:L. Michael Rusin
Other authors:Kamel Press (Editor)
Info:Kamel Press LLC (2012), Paperback, 298 pages

Avalon: The Retreat by L. Michael Rusin

The story opens with unfamiliar sirens blasting through the air and one of the main characters immeaditely springs into action, gathering supplies, getting dressed and talking to himself as he prepares to leave his home for good. The reader is captured with this openning and as they travel along the way, collecting their supplies in hiding, one can't help but wonder what is going to happen next to them. At times, the story does become tedious, esp with the history of the Avalon retreat and how it came to be deserted and repaired, but I can see how it is useful to the story itself. Most of the characters are the same and perfect of course. At times, I would skim through portions, but at the end the story does pick up to end on a high note and of course, there's another book coming. The story, like so many these days, doesn't really have a true ending.

Also, I had unanswered questions I felt would have benefitted the story more than all those boring descriptors. The ending is curious and things such as how the man became the new president, wasn't answered. The man just pops up out of nowhere one day giving a speech on a radio. How did the man get to be the new president? It just doesn't make sense that these hard core survivors would just believe this without question? I know he explained the politicians were murdered by mobs, but he didn't really explain about those in undisclosed locations. I have a feeling the president is alive and well, watching the show from a facility hidden deep within the mountains, maybe Mount Rushmore, and this new fellow is some trick by one of the invading govts. Wouldn't it be interesting if the Antichrist is behind the whole scheme?

Another thing I liked about the story, is that the author involves the entire world. He tells us what happens to other countries, in general terms, as these events unfold in the USA. It makes mention of gun control, reminds the reader of militia men and even, to my surprise, mentions the fact that the founding fathers meant for God to play a role in govt without govt really controlling religon. ( )
  Teritree001971 | Apr 2, 2013 |

Kamel Press

2 editions of this book were published by Kamel Press.

Editions: 1624870015, 1624870112

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,201,588 books! | Top bar: Always visible