Aftershock

by Sylvia Day

Series: Afterburn & Aftershock (Book 2)

Erotic Literature. Fiction. Romance. HTML:

#1 New York Times Bestselling Author

Sylvia Day

America's premier author of provocative fiction delivers the dramatic finale to a series set within the inner circle of glamour, sex and privilege.

When it came to playing games, my lover, Jax, was a master strategist. He pulled strings behind the closed doors of D.C.'s most powerful political players and somehow still found time to nearly sideline my career. What he didn't know was that when I didn't like the rules, I threw them out and made my own. I wasn't going to let Jax get away with it. I wasn't going to let him get away at all.

I loved Jax enough that it was impossible to give up. Jax loved me enough that giving up was the only end he'd consider. He didn't think I could swim with the sharks. It was entirely my pleasure to show him that I'd already dived in....

… (more)

It was good, but ended abruptly. I was thinking, "that's it?". ( )
  Crystal423 | Mar 23, 2020 |
A quick and easy read. I liked this book and I enjoyed all of the books by Sylvia Day but, I kind of wished there was more to this series. Still a great read though!! ( )
  Hanneri | Aug 19, 2018 |
Aftershock had much more things happening than the previous book, though its length was pretty much the same, which made it less fun. I'd have loved it if there were a hundred more pages.

The story and characters were perfect, but everything was way too rushed. I just start likingJax and then he goes and does something that makes me hate him.

The book was a roller coaster ride, exciting and just as fast. There were no dull moments.

The only slow and well paced part of the story was its ending, the epilogue. It was sweet and beautiful and I'm so glad it wasn't rushed.

I'd have loved it if there had been more content, but I placate myself by thinking that this was the author's debut work, and Crossfire Series is what she's capable of now.

All in All, Aftershock (and the duology as a whole) was exciting, fast and ended was sooner than I'd have liked. ( )
  Swibells | Jul 18, 2018 |
wish it was longer! she writes so incredibly well! ( )
  guinsgirlreads | Mar 21, 2018 |
I love Sylvia Day's writting but I'm afraid this is not one of my favorites. Far too much emphasis was put on writing the sex scenes and not enough on story development. I think this would make a good movie, but not a good book. Fans of 'books into movies' will know what I mean. ( )
  jkgrage | Nov 24, 2014 |

Erotic Literature. Fiction. Romance. HTML:

#1 New York Times Bestselling Author

Sylvia Day

hen it came to playing games, my lover Jax was a master strategist. He pulled strings behind the closed doors of D.C.’s most powerful political players, and somehow still found time to nearly sideline my career. What he didn’t know was that when I didn’t like the rules, I threw them out and made my own. I wasn’t going to let Jax get away with it. I wasn’t going to let him get away at all.

I loved Jax enough that it was impossible to give up. Jax loved me enough that giving up was the only end he’d consider. He didn’t think I could swim with the sharks. It was entirely my pleasure to show him that I’d already dived in…

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,081,031 books! | Top bar: Always visible