Own the Wind

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Chaos MC (1)

Tabby Allen, daughter of the leader of Chaos Motorcycle Club, begins to have more than friendly feelings for Shy Cage, who has always been there for her for most of her life. First in a new series.

Own the Wind is book one in the Chaos series by Kristen Ashley. This is a breathtaking love story.

I’ve finally read my first Kristen Ashley novel. I started reading and couldn’t stop. I thoroughly enjoyed and liked all the different perspectives aka POV’s. The novel was that delightful and absorbing.

It was easy to picture everyone in this book. If you have seen Sons of Anarchy well this is like that, but light. Same brotherhood, same heart, but without the graphic violence and gore. I very much enjoyed that the club is clean and legal and that the men are still the bad ass bickers, alphas, I enjoy to read about.

Shy and Tabby where great, but boy did it take them a long time to get together. I liked how Ms. Ashley lade out the foundation of their relationship as a friendship that catches fire. And, boy does it sizzle. It took them a long time to hook up and I very much liked how the author made the time pass. It was easy to follow, easy to see the relationship develop, and made it that much sweeter.

This was a marvelous read and I look forward to continuing the series.

Rated: 4 Stars

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
Shy and Tabby.
Tabby is Tack's daughter.
This is a good book but it takes some time for the couple to get together.
In that time, at first Tabby is young and basically has a crush on Shy.
During the time before they get together, Shy is with other women, very little detail but it's club life then Tabby gets engaged to another man.
Later when Tabby is single again she and Shy have a conversation and they realise how they both feel about each other. At this point Shy is in a serious relationship, has been for the last three months and she's a good woman.
He breaks things off with her so he can start up with Tabby.
This scene is a bit ick.
Lots of readers found this difficult.
The other woman has a book later on in the series and gets her HEA.
There are some good emotional scenes.
When they are together neither look elsewhere at anyone else.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
Though Tabby walks in on Shy in bed with a couple of club girls when she is younger but they are all asleep.
HEA. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
I don't want to mention too much being I usually read lots of reviews before I start a book I'm unsure of. I suggest those who havent read the Dream Man series or Rock Chick series read those before they read this - especially Dream Man. I'm disappointed with the end there was no heart stopping moment like usual OMG SOMEONE IS GOING TO FN DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I'm taking the way it ended as the series itself will build so alls well right? Still can't wait for the next book and will always rate most KA books a solid 5 just for writing alone and the fact it usually takes me less than a day to finish the book because I'm unable to put it down. ( )
  ashezbookz | Oct 20, 2020 |
This isn't the instant fall in love kind of book. This is watching a teenager crush on a hot biker, have her heart crush by said biker and the years and troubles for these two to find their HEA. I lloved it, and I think I was beginning to understand biker speech by the end. Great read, highly recommend
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |

This was a marvelous read and I look forward to continuing the series.

Rated: 4 Stars

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |

Kristen Ashleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Starling, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,266,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible