The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy…

The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy Book 1) (edition 2014)

by Marie Rutkoski (Author)

Series: Winner's Trilogy (1)

An aristocratic girl who is a member of a warmongering and enslaving empire purchases a slave, an act that sets in motion a rebellion that might overthrow her world as well as her heart.
Member:EmilyMabb
Title:The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy Book 1)
Authors:Marie Rutkoski (Author)
Info:Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (2014), 369 pages
Tags:to-read

Work Information

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

General Winston's Daughter by Sharon Shinn (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: These lush fantasy stories, both set in occupied countries, feature heroines who are torn between loyalty to their homelands and compassion for the conquered people around whom they now live. The novels also include resistance movements, rebellions, and star-crossed romance.… (more)

3,5* ( )
  Tr1stan | Sep 24, 2022 |
Actual rating 4.5
There's not much to be said that hasn't already been mentioned, so I'll just give you reasons to why you need to read the winners curse.
One Krestel-she's a kick-ass heroine
Two the plot-Historical fantasy with mystery? Usually not my thing, but this worked.
Three Arin-I just can't. I mean the end. Those who read it know what I'm talking about.
Four-The writing. I really liked the writing style for this one!
Five the cover- This is seriously one of my all time favorite covers. I would definitely buy this book based off its cover. Its just gorgeous. So strokeable. *ahem* moving on.
On the other hand, things I didn't care for as much-
The pacing- I thought it dragged in the beginning, but it really picked up near the end.
The cliffhanger- asdfghjkl. I just can't.

Overall though, the winners curse is definitely a must read with its suspense, action, magic, and romance. ( )
  bookishconfesh | Sep 22, 2022 |
NOT a fan.
This is quite terrible.

VERDICT : AVOID ( )
  QuirkyCat_13 | Jun 20, 2022 |
That last line! I need book two now! Can't wait for it to come in at the library! Anyway if you can't tell, I loved this book! Such an emotional rollercoaster, and the next one promises more action, romance, and thrills! ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
Publicado originalmente: El Extraño Gato del Cuento

Si saben un poquito de historia centro y sudamericana, nosotros fuimos "civilizados" por extranjeros. ¿Por qué mencionó esto? Porque mientras leía se me hizo difícil entregarle mi fidelidad completa a solo un personaje en la historia. Si hubiera sido una historia simple, sin duda mi lealtad y adoración hubiera ido con Kestrel, estratega, amante de la música, la manera en cómo se maneja alrededor de todos, es un personaje que al menos yo no me encontré antes, quizá un poco Scarlet, aunque son personajes muy diferentes, me gustan muchos los detalles que la escritora incluye en ella, como lo de las manos. Y luego tenemos a Arin, wow. No solo porque sea el chico de la historia, es un personaje tan rico, tan completo, no puedo describirles exactamente cómo es que este personaje es tan especial, más allá de la parte romántica. Y hablando del romance, es algo completamente de segundo plano, lo que lo hace mil veces mejor porque sufres con la tensión de si realmente habrá algo o no con estos dos.

Esa vuelta del final no la entendí muy bien, nada más

He is so: "“My soul is yours," "The god of lies loves you"
Me:

Twitter || Blog || Pinterest || Tumblr || Instagram ( )
  Ella_Zegarra | Jan 18, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

Again, for Thomas
She shouldn’t have been tempted.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,282,770 books! | Top bar: Always visible