Rumble by Ellen Hopkins

Rumble

by Ellen Hopkins

Eighteen-year-old Matt's atheism is tested when, after a horrific accident of his own making that plunges him into a dark, quiet place, he hears a voice that calls everything he has ever disbelieved into question.

I really like Ellen Hopkins's books and this was no exception. All the ones I've read so far have been filled with very real, every-day, important topics that effect teens. But, despite their young adult label, these book aren't just for teens. They're for everyone. Don't let the fact that they are written in verse put you off. The format is actually a huge plus. The succinct language delivers a powerful punch. Excellent read. ( )
  KristinaSimon | Nov 24, 2018 |
Always a big fan of Ellen Hopkins and this book does not disappoint. ( )
  DJLunchlady91404 | Nov 11, 2017 |
I do love verse! ( )
  Emily_Anne | Aug 8, 2016 |
I really like Ellen Hopkins writing and she really delves into deep issues for teens, but most of her books seem to leave me with a hopeless feeling of life is terrible and it will continue to be terrible...but this one has a satisfying, hopeful ending!!! She writes her novels in poetry and they just flow really nicely. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
This book is dedicated to the far-too-many young people who ended their lives because they couldn't see beyond the pain of the present to the joy waiting for them in the future.  Also to those who loved them then, and still love them now.
In the narrow pewter space/Between the gray of consciousness/and the obsidian where dreams/ebb and flow, there is a wishbone/window.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,750,273 books! | Top bar: Always visible