To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny…

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

by Jenny Han

Series: To all the boys I've loved before (1)

Kissing Max Holden by Katy Upperman (Anonymous user)
    P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (Anonymous user)

One word. FANTASTIC! ( )
  SYang18 | Sep 11, 2018 |
I wanted to love this book, so much.

Everyone else has been so enamored with the entire series but it just didn’t hold my attention. And that might just be the mood I’m in (a little bit edgier, at the moment).

I loved Lara-Jean but I don’t think the story gave her enough of a chance to kind of get out from under herself.

It was sweet, though. I’ll give it that. And there are so few stories with single dads and little girls that it totally had the “Aw” and appreciation factor, for sure. I think it was just maybe a little TOO sweet for me.

I may, eventually, get to the rest of the series if I’m in the mood for a light little read but for the moment, the hype is kind of escaping me.

I will, however, go check out the movie, since it is hounding me every time I open up Netflix. ( )
  iwriteinbooks | Sep 3, 2018 |
This was such a cute feel good ride. I had heard the movie compared to 16 Candles so I had to read and then watch the movie. I loved them both. Just a bit annoyed that I have to wait for a backorder for book 2 and 3. I would have loved to roll right into book 2. Another 5 🌟 for me! ( )
  karenvg3 | Sep 2, 2018 |
I picked this up for our High School Library at the request of a student. I read it because School Library Journal gave it a starred review. While I am not it’s intended YA audience, I still enjoyed the book and intend to finish the series. I did find Laura Jean a little naïve for 16, and her love for her sister’s boyfriend was a little icky at times, even if she liked him first. What I did like, were the interactions of the three sisters trying to hold together a life after the loss of their mother. Their distinct personalities reflect their birth order traits, especially the oldest and youngest. I also think that as a parent, and a teacher, of teenagers, it is a good reminder that the complications of teenager’s personal lives are often all consuming. The book jacket oversells the role of the love letters a bit, in fact I think we should all send letters like this from time to time to let people know they are important and that we notice them. So glad the Netflix movie is getting such a good response. Representation matters. ( )
  Lindsay_W | Aug 24, 2018 |
I bought this book on sale. It was $3, and the plot seemed interesting enough, so I thought I'd give it a go, and am I glad I did. Even though it did have some light cussing and talked slightly about subject matters I wasn't comfortable with (older-teen territory), it's still a good book about love.

I loved the sisterhood between Margo-Lara Jean-and Kitty. My favorite scenes were mostly with them. And I loved that it took place in the late part of the year.

This book makes me want to read the next one - "P.S. I Still Love You".
  StarlieLC | Jul 4, 2018 |

Jenny Hanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cummins, Lucy RuthDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Howell, NancyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Keating, Laura KnightNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wolf, AnnaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Love is scary: it changes; it can go away. That's part of the risk. I don't want to be scared anymore.

Teens (grades 6+)
HA 15
2014

"Lara Jean writes love letters to all the boys she has loved and then hides them in a hatbox until one day those letters are accidentally sent"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,834,428 books! | Top bar: Always visible