To All the Boys I've Loved Before

by Jenny Han

Series: To All the Boys I've Loved Before (1)

"Lara Jean writes love letters to all the boys she has loved and then hides them in a hatbox until one day those letters are accidentally sent"--
Recently added byArina8888, private library, QuirkyCori4, PColvin, GisselleT, smoberg
    Kissing Max Holden by Katy Upperman (Anonymous user)
    P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (Anonymous user)

English (177)  French (1)  All languages (178)
Jenny Han is a popular author in our school library and her books are rarely on the shelves, so I decided to read one so I could discuss it with the girls. Having just finished "To All the Boys I've Loved Before", I can understand Han's popularity. The novel was an easy read with short chapters and likeable characters, especially Laura-Jean who was a very relatable protagonist. She made mistakes, loved her family, fell in love, felt confused and wasn't always there for her friends, but she was kind-hearted and caring, and I loved the bond she had with her family. Even though there was a love triangle, it was bearable which actually surprised me.

Overall, "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" was a cute, enjoyable teen read. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 11, 2022 |
2.5 stars. This book dragged on, none of the major plot points the series was leading up to happened, and how am I supposed to root for Peter and Lara Jean when John Ambrose is in the picture and Peter and Lara Jean are always having a petty fight?? I am mad at this series but at the same time couldn’t put it down, so it lands somewhere in the middle for me. ( )
  Lindsayshodgson | Jan 4, 2022 |
I'd seen the Netflix movie a couple of times, but a student told me I should really read the books, so I ordered the whole series. Reading this was a lovely escape today from the current world I'm living in. Feel like I want to ration the other two books in the series for when I need that escape again. ( )
  ms_rowse | Jan 1, 2022 |
Satisfying end to the trilogy. Read it in a day, and is one of those books where you just feel like you're hanging out with friends as you read it. ( )
  ms_rowse | Jan 1, 2022 |
I thought this was a sweet, fluffy feel good book that just made you feel warm and fuzzy inside. It was a quick read, but I loved Laura Jean and how she faced her fears and branched out in her junior year of school. I’m not normally a fan of first person books, but in this instance it worked really well and took the reader through exactly what the MC was going through and experiencing. Loved it, and can’t wait to read the second one! ( )
  katprohas | Dec 16, 2021 |

Howell, NancyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Keating, Laura KnightNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Landa, LeonieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wolf, AnnaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Love is scary: it changes; it can go away. That's part of the risk. I don't want to be scared anymore.

Teens (grades 6+)
HA 15
2014

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,086,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible