To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny…

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

by Jenny Han

Series: To all the boys I've loved before (1)

Kissing Max Holden by Katy Upperman (Anonymous user)
    P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (Anonymous user)

The cutest, sweetest, loveliest, most adorable love story ever. Thank goodness I have two more to read because I dragged this first one out for so long so it wouldn’t have to end. ( )
  tuf25995 | Apr 27, 2019 |
You can't help but fall in love with Lara Jean and the people she surrounds herself with. The audiobook narrator is super delightful. Han knows how to write a real human biracial teenage girl with humor and depth. ( )
  StefanieGeeks | Apr 26, 2019 |
I saw the movie before I read the book and I think that really influenced my opinion of the book. I did like it and it had more info than the book which I appreciated. However, I think Peter and Kris(Chris?) are much nicer in the movie. Kris I almost hated, she wasn't a very good friend to Laura Jean and I wanted her to move on to better friends. And Peter seems much sweeter in the movie. In the book, he's more a typical teen boy. He gets put out when things don't go his way and is more fickle. It's more realistic, but in the movie he's just so perfect and adorable. Also, Margo seems a little more immature and she and Laura Jean don't get along as well.
I don't know if I've ever liked the movie adaptation more than the book, but I do. I did still enjoy this, but now I want to rewatch the movie lol. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
This was a cute read.

I watched the movie prior to reading the book so I was comparing it pretty heavily throughout the entirety of reading the novel. I do prefer the movie but the book was super cute. I'm awful with faces when I'm reading books, I tend to just picture a person with whatever hair color they have but with a shapeless blob for a face so it was nice already having faces to match to characters. In Peter's case, it was a saving grace.

Lara Jean was more naive than I anticipated and while it didn't bother me 95% of the time, there were a few moments where my main thought was just "Really? That's really your thought process right now?" Certain mindsets she had seemed completely unrealistic for a sixteen year old and it was very bizarre. Some of her thoughts regarding her interactions with Peter were very, well, naive and while they did seem true to someone who doesn't know how to navigate a relationship, it was frustrating to read.

I absolutely adored her relationship with her family. I'm so happy Lara Jean's relationship with her sister Margot was such a crucial thing in her life. While I was watching the movie, I found myself really missing the emotional impact of her moments with Margot near the end of the film but the book really brought it all home. I found myself tearing up during a rather important interaction with her sister. I loved every single moment we had with Lara Jean and Kitty. Everything was so wholesome but kept the reality of family conflicts true.

Lara Jean's friendship with Chris was bizarre to me. At certain points, she seemed like she had good friendship qualities but overall, she just seemed mean and someone who leeched off of Lara Jean rather than contributed to a healthy friendship.

Josh sucked. He was pretty awful to read about, at least for me. Movie Josh is so much better than book josh. He was annoying to read about. He was overdramatic. There were certain moments where his friendship was nice to read about but overall, I found myself wanting to get done with his parts and move on. Some of the things he had the audacity to say and do were ridiculous. I plan to continue on with the series and I'm not looking forward to more scenes with Josh.

Peter Kavinsky. Movie Peter is so much better than book Peter. I wasn't crazy about Noah Centineo in the film like everyone else, but having him portray Peter in the film was a good choice and REALLY helped how I viewed book Peter. Peter seemed like a real asshole for a big section of the book but when he was cute and not an ass, he was so cute. The estate sale scene is my favorite scene in the entire book and the fact that it wasn't in the film is OFFENSIVE. His character does grow as the book goes on, however, I wish he had just a little bit more growth and I think Netflix did that more efficiently.

Overall, this was super cute. I want more of most of our cast so I'm definitely going to be continuing on with the series. ( )
  readbybrit | Apr 16, 2019 |
I purchased this book from Barnes and Noble to read with my bestie @mycornerforbooksand. All opinions are my own. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. Lara Jean has always kept her most precious letters to the boys she used to love until one day they end up mailed and her deepest secrets are out. Her older sister, Margo has left for school abroad and Lara Jean is having to step into her role and manage their younger sister, Kitty and their father all while trying to sort the mess these not supposed to be read love letters have created. Only will her choices on how to handle this end in true love or a huge mistake she will have to recover from. Only time will tell.......onto P. S. I Still Love You. Review also posted on Instagram @borenbooks, Library Thing, Goodreads/StacieBoren, Amazon, Twitter @jason_stacie and my blog at readsbystacie.com ( )
  SBoren | Apr 13, 2019 |

Jenny Hanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cummins, Lucy RuthDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Howell, NancyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Keating, Laura KnightNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wolf, AnnaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Love is scary: it changes; it can go away. That's part of the risk. I don't want to be scared anymore.

Teens (grades 6+)
HA 15
2014

"Lara Jean writes love letters to all the boys she has loved and then hides them in a hatbox until one day those letters are accidentally sent"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,848,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible