Loud Awake and Lost by Adele Griffin

Loud Awake and Lost

by Adele Griffin

Not for me...DNF ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jun 6, 2018 |
This is a YA book that really did not hold my interest. Recovering from a car accident wherein her car went over a bridge, killing her traveling companion, and seriously hurting her. While her body recovers, there are still pieces of memory that cannot be remembered.

I thought the book repetitive and boring. I finished it, but cannot recommend it. ( )
  Whisper1 | Sep 19, 2017 |
Okay, a quick read. Interesting premise. I might have loved this when I was a teen. I didn't find it terribly surprising. I didn't fall in love with any of the characters. ( )
  njcur | Aug 17, 2016 |
The twist at the end was okay, but not enough to redeem the rest of it. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
This had the promise of being a good, little, psychological thriller, but it just didn't deliver. I enjoyed the start but after a while found myself plodding through pages, hoping it would pick up pace, but it never did. Ember was a boring protagonist and not a very nice friend. As for the ending . . . meh!! ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |

LOUD. There was an accident. Ember knows at least that much. She was driving. The car was totaled. She suffered back injuries and brain trauma. But she is alive. That's the only thing left she can cling to.

AWAKE. Eight months later, Ember feels broken. The pieces of her former self no longer fit together. She can't even remember the six weeks of her life leading up to the accident. Where was she going? Who was she with? And what happened during those six weeks that her friends and family won't talk about?

LOST. One by one, Ember discovers the answers to these questions, like a twisted game of dominos. And little by little, the person she used to be slips further and further away.

In the wake of her critically praised young adult psychological thrillers, Tighter and All You Never Wanted, National Book Award finalist Adele Griffin has created another triumph. Loud Awake & Lost is an unflinching story of loss and recovery.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:05 -0400)

Eight months after a debilitating car accident leaves her with brain trauma and a back injury, amnesiac teen Ember tries to piece together the six weeks of her life leading up to the accident--and determine why none of her friends or family are willing to talk about it.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,811,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible