Dar y recibir: Por qué ayudar a los demás…

Dar y recibir: Por qué ayudar a los demás conduce al éxito (edition 2014)

by Adam Grant (Author), Isabel Murillo Fort (Translator)

Business. Nonfiction. HTML:A groundbreaking look at why our interactions with others hold the key to success, from the bestselling author of Think Again and Originals

For generations, we have focused on the individual drivers of success: passion, hard work, talent, and luck. But in today??s dramatically reconfigured world, success is increasingly dependent on how we interact with others. In Give and Take, Adam Grant, an award-winning researcher and Wharton??s highest-rated professor, examines the surprising forces that shape why some people rise to the top of the success ladder while others sink to the bottom. Praised by social scientists, business theorists, and corporate leaders, Give and Take opens up an approach to work, interactions, and productivity that is nothing short of revoluti… (more)
Member:joanra21
Title:Dar y recibir: Por qué ayudar a los demás conduce al éxito
Authors:Adam Grant (Author)
Other authors:Isabel Murillo Fort (Translator)
Info:Gestión 2000 (2014), 400 páginas
Collections:No ficción, Negocios, Desarrollo personal, Psicología, eBook, Ciencia y Naturaleza, Libros de consulta, Economía,Empresa,Leyes, Your library, Leidos
Tags:ebook, No ficción, Psicología, Liderazgo, Negocio, Administración, Éxito, Autoayuda, Desarrollo personal, Motivacional, Leído

Work Information

Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam M. Grant

English (25)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (27)
I loved this book. You might wonder why a former business person turned full time writer picked it up. It came recommended by an old friend, and a cursory glance told me I'd like the message. The recommendation was right; I was right. "Business" these days is not all about buying, selling, and making a buck. It encompasses all of our interactions with the rest of the world. I expected the book to tell me that givers are destined to occupy the bottom rung of the food chain. I was delighted to learn that was not true. This book helped me feel better about wanting to support others by giving back, but also opened my eyes to the fact that some people give, some people take, and success isn't necessarily earned through reciprocity. I have a new outlook on networking (it's not about what someone else can do for you, it's about what you can do for someone else), and also on knowing when to say yes and when to say no. Highly recommended. (Thanks, Ted!) ( )
  DianeVallere | May 16, 2024 |
Excellent. Givers really do come out ahead. ( )
  pollycallahan | Jul 1, 2023 |
Give and Take is a compelling research based book that explains how people have become successful in their careers and business goals by being the right type of person when interacting with others. Grant categorizes people into three types: givers, takers, and matchers. In a world where success is dependent on how we interact, he finds that givers are more likely to become successful than takers and matchers. Surprisingly the data backs it up. I really liked the interesting stories of successful people who have lived a givers lifestyle that showed how a giving culture pays off. Grant also explains how people can vary between the three types depending on certain aspects of work especially since givers can be taken advantage of. There is something inspiring about reading other people’s stories of them giving and then them being reciprocated with success in some way or another. It motivates you to also want to give and be mindful of how you interact with others. This is a must read for anyone looking to further their career and achieve success by learning the value of giving a bit more. ( )
  Demos_Parneros | Nov 25, 2022 |
3.5 stars

So Adam Grant divides the world into givers, takers and matchers. You would think the givers would be at bottom of things getting run over by the takers in this dog eat dog world, and you would be half right. Adam shows how givers are at the bottom AND the top of the world.

These kinds of books I try to list out the most memorable lesson I received from reading this book. I love learning about pronoia, which is the opposite of the more famous paranoia. What could we accomplish if we believe the whole world is FOR you?

The second major thing that I remember is the abababab. It's just a little blurb that probably none of the other reviewers remember. There was an experiment where people were paid to do mundane tasks (like type out ababababab). It was boring, mind-numbing, and hand-numbing. But as soon as the subject was able to write something else, he was able to do it easily. There's some lesson here about avoiding burnout by doing a change up?

In fact, the motivation part about avoiding burnout probably hit me most because let's face it...there's not a lot of chance of meeting someone with my exact name or writing a comedy.

wellington299 | Feb 19, 2022 |
The premise of the book is good but loses narrative energy in part.
The examples from the sporting field are hard to relate to for a reader outside of North America, and some business word examples are also very specific to the US.

moukayedr | Sep 5, 2021 |
In memory of my friend
JEFF ZASLOW
who lived his life as a role model for the principles in this book.
On a sunny Saturday afternoon in Silicon Valley, two proud fathers stood on the sidelines of a soccer field.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,038,790 books! | Top bar: Always visible