Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time)

by James Riley

Series: Half Upon A Time (book 3)

"Knights, fairy godmothers, giants and beanstalks--all of these and more fill the pages of the conclusion to the Half Upon a Time trilogy"--

I absolutely loved how everything played out so well! Everything came together. I wish Phillip was shown off a little bit more as a main character but otherwise, I'm super happy how everything was so connected. I want more stories from Riley. I need more retellings like this. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
This book is awesome. That's all I can really say about it. I should probably go mull it over some more before I write a review, because I'm still breathless from the ending. So many twists, so many turns, and EEEEEH! I LOVED IT!
Sorry, I really shouldn't be writing right now. Just read the whole series, and know this book is everything it should be - with tons of awesome, sarcastic, ridiculous fairy tale references (and even one referencing Lloyd Alexander!). My only problem? Sometimes he wasn't the best at conveying emotion (the whole "??!!" thing got a little old, I can tell you), and Jack's family was, like, completely unrealistic and I spent the whole time mixing his sister up with herself, because she has two nicknames when different people are talking to her. Yiesh.

Besides that, this book is hilarious. Plain, straight hilarious. Now excuse me as I go re-read the last page one last time . . . ( )
  Jaina_Rose | Mar 1, 2016 |
"Living a fairy tale sounded good, until you realized you were only getting the bad parts, and all the fairy godmothers and happily ever afters weren't coming."

At the beginning of this final book in the Half Upon a Time series, we find our three heroes separated and trying to avoid the Mirror's prophecy that one of the boys would die and the other would betray May. Jack is training to be a guard for the Evil Queen (known as an Eye). May is living with her stepmother and two stepsisters. And Philip is living in his castle with his mom and Penelope (Sleeping Beauty).
To explain the places where this story takes us would be to give away some of the surprising twists and turns. I would never want to do that. I'd hate to take away the fun of discovering them on your own. Let's just say you will meet even more fairy-tale characters, including the Sandman, Beauty & the Beast and Leprechauns. You even find out the origins of the Grimm Fairy Tale stories. And, of course, Jack's true identity is finally revealed.

The great thing about this series is, it only gets better with each book. And every book surprised me with unexpected revelations. I loved every minute!!
Recommended to
Young Readers to adults. Anyone who enjoys fairy tales and adventures. ( )
  Jadedog13 | Feb 3, 2016 |
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZEgxCT8hY
  scducharme | Mar 6, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,193,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible