The Witness Wore Red: The 19th Wife Who…

The Witness Wore Red: The 19th Wife Who Brought Polygamous Cult Leaders to… (original 2013; edition 2014)

by Rebecca Musser (Author), M. Bridget Cook (Contributor)

A gripping account of Rebecca Musser's struggle to escape the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints led by Rulon Jeffs and his son, Warren, and her subsequent decision to take the witness stand against the new prophet of the FLDS in order to protect her little sisters and other young girls from being forced to marry at shockingly young ages.… (more)
Member:carriehicks
Title:The Witness Wore Red: The 19th Wife Who Brought Polygamous Cult Leaders to Justice
Authors:Rebecca Musser (Author)
Other authors:M. Bridget Cook (Contributor)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2014), Edition: Reprint, 352 pages

The Witness Wore Red: The 19th Wife who Brought Polygamous Cult Leaders to Justice by Rebecca Musser (2013)

I still think that the LeBaron family is more interesting than the Jeffs. It is hard to believe how much abuse was in the FDLS church and that they were so brain washed that they believed that it was okay for a 12 year old to marry a 50 or 60 year old man. yuck! ( )
  Martha.Louise.Owen | Apr 23, 2018 |
It would be hard to give this book less than four stars, it's a well written autobiography. Of the books I have read about the FLDS this is one of the best. Musser manages to walk the line of information delivery and being compelling without launching into pity. Unlike under a banner of heaven this book doesn't touch on Mormonism except to illustrate the difference between LDS and FLDS, it also doesn't draw any conclusions about the faith, rather it rests solely on the condemnation of warren jeffs and his father Roulon. A good read for anyone interested in the trial or the subject. ( )
  SadieRuin | Jul 31, 2017 |
Wow, this was a hard and emotionally taxing book to read. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
Maren McGuire
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Got to page 118 before it had to go back to the library. Interesting reading, will have to requeue it to finish.
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |

Rebecca Musserprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cook, M. Bridgetmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Musser, Rebeccamain authorall editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to Kyle and Natalia...may you forever know how you have inspired me and taught me the greatest lessons of my life. Every day I love you more and rejoice in your ability to make your own choices. I also dedicate this book to Ben Musser, whom I've watched become a most incredible and loving father. And to my family, inside and outside the FLDS, who remain forever in my heart. — Rebecca
To BreeAnna, McKenzie, Brent, Baily, and Jessica; each of you are a gift in your unique and very special ways. I kiss your eyes, and I hold you in my heart. Doug, your love makes my soul singand my heart flutter and gives me wings to fly. And to my mother, I cherish your wisdom and example, and most especially your friendship. — Bridget
It was an unusually temperate day for early spring, and the delicious scent of new beginnings wafted through the open window, filling my body with pure joy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,086,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible